General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I am cheering. I will continue to cheer and savour her crocodile tears until she fades out from public view.

At that point she will also fade from my thoughts until the press report her death, which I will toast (not as rigorously as Thatchers, but still, I will take a dram)

I only lament that fact that she is unlikely to suffer anything like that which she inflicted on other, the callous, horrible piece of shit that she is.
Some boi

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I am cheering. I will continue to cheer and savour her crocodile tears until she fades out from public view.

At that point she will also fade from my thoughts until the press report her death, which I will toast (not as rigorously as Thatchers, but still, I will take a dram)

I only lament that fact that she is unlikely to suffer anything like that which she inflicted on other, the callous, horrible piece of shit that she is.

Well said, she is an utter piece of shit like all Tories and seeing her cry was fucking brilliant.  

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/disabled-people-driven-to-breaking-point-by-cuts-says-un-expert/

An example of one of the many reasons to celebrate that evil cow's demise.  Though it won't change with a change in Tory leadership, this is what Tories do.

I genuinely could never consider anyone who votes Tory a good person, or respect anyone that supports them.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One thing she shares with Thatcher is that she didn't shed any tears until it was her own career that died. Fucking mutants. I will cheer the day she goes like her predecessor.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

She was useless, but she was also in a lose/lose situation. The next PM will prove to be equally as useless, if not more so. That's because the EU controls the terms of Brexit, not the UK Parliament, regardless of who is in charge there.

The EU won't have much control over the terms of Brexit if the UK leave without a deal - that could be a strong possibility if Boris gets the leadership gig.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

One thing she shares with Thatcher is that she didn't shed any tears until it was her own career that died. Fucking mutants. I will cheer the day she goes like her predecessor.

I wonder if she shed any tears for the 120 000 of their own citizens her government and party killed.  That figure is old btw, and only for England and Wales. In reality the number will be much higher.

Another example of the inhuman and sociopathic nature of the Tories and by extension anyone who supports them-

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/may/24/un-poverty-expert-hits-back-over-uk-ministers-denial-of-facts-philip-alston

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The EU won't have much control over the terms of Brexit if the UK leave without a deal - that could be a strong possibility if Boris gets the leadership gig.

There's no such thing as "no deal". Or at least, it's not what people seem to think it is. "No deal" isn't simply walking away. The issues at play here are not possible to simply walk away from.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

There's no such thing as "no deal". Or at least, it's not what people seem to think it is. "No deal" isn't simply walking away. The issues at play here are not possible to simply walk away from.

Maybe you could explain what your understanding of No Deal would be, or explain why this article is all wrong.

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/articles/news/parliament-could-not-stop-new-pm-intent-no-deal-brexit-warns-ifg

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Maybe you could explain what your understanding of No Deal would be, or explain why this article is all wrong.

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/articles/news/parliament-could-not-stop-new-pm-intent-no-deal-brexit-warns-ifg

I'm not saying "no deal" can't happen. I'm just pointing out that it's not what it sounds like. There is no sudden clean break. There will still be major issues between the EU and the UK that will need to be tackled and simply ignoring them isn't an option.

3 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

I'm not saying "no deal" can't happen. I'm just pointing out that it's not what it sounds like. There is no sudden clean break. There will still be major issues between the EU and the UK that will need to be tackled and simply ignoring them isn't an option.

There is a very sudden clean break. The UK will be in the EU and then out of it.

Yes, there will be a trade agreement in due course but that will take years to negotiate.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The first day of talks with the EU after a hard brexit will be the UK being told that trade talks can't begin until an Irish backstop is agreed, if we want a transition period so trade can continue frictionlessly for a period while arrangements are made to cope, we'll have to stump up cash, and we must guarantee rights of EU citizens living in Britain. Basically the Withdrawal Agreement.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

There is a very sudden clean break. The UK will be in the EU and then out of it.

Yes, there will be a trade agreement in due course but that will take years to negotiate.

The UK won't be in a position to negotiate unless it's still in the European Union. It can't leave until all of the issues have been ironed out. Until they have been resolved, the UK will still be bound by EU regulations, because it would need to be.

Just now, welshbairn said:

The first day of talks with the EU after a hard brexit will be the UK being told that trade talks can't begin until an Irish backstop is agreed.

Which is simply a continuation of where they are now. British MEPs will still need to take their seats during the continued negotiation process. "No deal" isn't a sudden thing like most of the simpletons buying Farages pish believe.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

The UK won't be in a position to negotiate unless it's still in the European Union. It can't leave until all of the issues have been ironed out. Until they have been resolved, the UK will still be bound by EU regulations, because it would need to be.

Which is simply a continuation of where they are now. British MEPs will still need to take their seats during the continued negotiation process. "No deal" isn't a sudden thing like most of the simpletons buying Farages pish believe.

Utterly bizarre. As things currently stand the UK will leave the EU on 31 October unless a deal is agreed prior to that date or an extension is agreed.

2 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Utterly bizarre. As things currently stand the UK will leave the EU on 31 October unless a deal is agreed prior to that date or an extension is agreed.

Once again, I will reiterate. It's not what people think it is. They will be "leaving the EU" in name only, but not in practice. It's impossible for the UK to suddenly abandon EU law when much of the UK economy will still be integrated with the EU. You don't go from being in the EU to out of the EU overnight.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Once again, I will reiterate. It's not what people think it is. They will be "leaving the EU" in name only, but not in practice. It's impossible for the UK to suddenly abandon EU law when much of the UK economy will still be integrated with the EU. You don't go from being in the EU to out of the EU overnight.

Where do you get your information from?