General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

16 minutes ago, Fide said:

Nick of the Tory party conference.

You can't eat a flag, but you can make a nice jacket out of one, tbf.

C5_QIPXXMAAHoj_.jpg

Has everyone just gone to  the pub instead?? To be fair, I would too.

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Sounds like this Tory Party conference is the stuff of dreams for the SNP. May telling us off like naughty schoolkids for even thinking of independence again.

Yet still far too many Scots lap it up like good little boys and girls 

18 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Has everyone just gone to  the pub instead?? To be fair, I would too.

Fide's been caught lying again. That's not the Scottish Tory conference in Glasgow.

Do you think that they would have Len McCluskey there? It looks like a trade union event to me.

Here's May's speech on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39151250. Go to 1 minute 10 seconds to see the audience. It's looks pretty full to me.

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Fide's been caught lying again. That's not the Scottish Tory conference in Glasgow.

Do you think that they would have Len McCluskey there? It looks like a trade union event to me.

Here's May's speech on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39151250. Go to 1 minute 10 seconds to see the audience. It's looks pretty full to me.

1) Balls

2) Again? That would imply I have lied before.  Evidence please.

3) You seem upset.

3 minutes ago, Fide said:

1) Balls

2) Again? That would imply I have lied before.  Evidence please.

3) You seem upset.

Are you saying that the picture that you posted was from the main hall at the Scottish Conservative conference? Going by the video footage, it does not look like it.

I'm not upset, just bemused by your idiocy.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Looks like the EICC

I think it's most probably the 2016 conference in Edinburgh

Whether posting a picture of "a" Scottish Tory conference as opposed to "the" Scottish Tory conference would support or refute your accusation is another question

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Are you saying that the picture that you posted was from the main hall at the Scottish Conservative conference? Going by the video footage, it does not look like it.

The Union Jack jacket picture was tweeted by an STV reporter who is there, I think 

7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

STV's Colin Mackay certainly seems to think so, Columbo.

I heard a quote from Mundell on Radio Scotland earlier where he said that the SNP should park the independence chat because it's distracting from the Brexit stuff.

I have to say I agree. It's in the SNP's interest to sit back, let the UK government make a complete c**t of Brexit, and then go on the offensive.