General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Corrupt Tory parasites, an occasional series: Johnny Mercer, he of 'I was in the army' fame before serially bottling leadership challenges and giving up his crown to curious orange Mark Francois earns a private salary greater than his MP's salary for doing f**k all from a junk bond scheme that lost people's life savings when it collapsed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-47884273

On the plus side he hates poor people and supports austerity so he ticks the right boxes for Tory voters.

This is the Tory front runner as May’s successor.  He doesn’t get paid that sort of money for speeches, it’s a way of making contact and potentially getting access in the future.

It’s corrupt as hell and reinforces the idea that MPs should have no additional paid ‘jobs’.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/25/boris-johnson-paid-more-than-160k-for-giving-two-speeches

Estimated 439,000 people in the U.K. paid below the minimum wage.  Easy sutuationto resolve if the political will existed.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/26/record-number-of-uk-workers-paid-below-minimum-wage-report

On 24/04/2019 at 09:09, MixuFixit said:

Corrupt Tory parasites, an occasional series: Johnny Mercer, he of 'I was in the army' fame before serially bottling leadership challenges and giving up his crown to curious orange Mark Francois earns a private salary greater than his MP's salary for doing f**k all from a junk bond scheme that lost people's life savings when it collapsed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-47884273

On HIGNFY tonight at nine. If Hislop doesn't do him I'll never buy PI again.

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
On HIGNFY tonight at nine. If Hislop doesn't do him I'll never buy PI again.

He's currently making Mark Francois look like Bruce Forsyth.

I think he's coming over better than I thought, never heard of the c**t though. Calling out Hislop for getting 20 grand a show was a revelation.  Nice to see @Bairnardo getting a gig making donkeys look tall.

Edited by welshbairn

UKIP candidate Mark Meechan linked to racist forum posts https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48094266

Now, I remember the whole thing about the nazi dog and how people were up in arms about it. I remember agreeing with the likes of Jonathan Pie and saying that although it is in my eyes incredibly tasteless, it’s comedy and you cant ban forms of comedy as that sets a dangerous precedent. If you don’t like the joke then move on - it’s subjective.

I am however surprised to read, and I probably shouldn’t be surprised tbh, that Meechan is standing for UKIP and it turns out his jokes go way beyond the nazi dog stuff. I feel ever so slightly betrayed because I feel like this absolute cretin gives dark humour a bad name because it turns out he’s an awful person and there’s probably malice and seriousness in his “jokes.”

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

*Jonathan Pie retweets some horrible piece of alt right gash*

Everyone: Hey you shouldn't do that.

Jonathan Pie: I'm just doing it to highlight how bad it is and how we should challenge these people.

Everyone: OK so are you going to challenge them.

Jonathan Pie: No.

The funniest thing Pie has ever been a part of  is that clip someone posted of him recording by himself in the middle of a park. Properly tragic.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Just seen that.  Is it possible criminal action will follow?

There was talk of it, and according to the guy talking about it on the radio it could be a breach of the official secrets act. Here's hoping

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Very unlikely. In fact, I don't think a member of cabinet has ever even been sacked for leaked information to the press before.

1 minute ago, I'm Brian said:

There was talk of it, and according to the guy talking about it on the radio it could be a breach of the official secrets act. Here's hoping

Well it’s not like there’s anything else causing problems for the Conservative Party at this time.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, I'm Brian said:

Looks like the Cabinet Mole has been found.

Gavin Williamson sacked

I was hoping it was that c**t. He wanted to send the new aircraft carrier out to the South China sea without planes or support vessels to sort out the Chinese, and take on the Russians in the Black Sea on the side of the Ukrainians. Total fucking nutter.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Indeed, whoever appointed him Defence Minister in the first place should be charged with gross negligence.

Fair point.  She’s both negligent and gross.