General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

15 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I forget which thread the egg fleg controversy a few weeks ago was in but I bought one of these today and I'm curious which side should be more outraged

Did the person at the till sing the song as it trundled along the conveyor belt?

I’m not one to stand up for a Tory, especially an incompetent bumbler like Hancock, but for me the real question here is how the Sun got a copy of security footage from inside a Government department.
I'm guessing money. Why would we expect anyone, at any level, in this crew to have any morals, standards or sense of responsibility, when they are led by creatures like Johnson, Patel, and Hancock?

I’m not one to stand up for a Tory, especially an incompetent bumbler like Hancock, but for me the real question here is how the Sun got a copy of security footage from inside a Government department.
At a guess, since its clear the only way any of these fucking reptiles is getting brought down is from within, the Sun were handed it, from within. Hancock has looked the likely fall guy for a while now. Get him launched then uncover various pandemic failings that can conveniently be attributed to him

This would surely have been the perfect opportunity for Hancock to resign and slink off into the sunset, thus avoiding any scrutiny over the real shit he's been involved in?

Eta: apparently he has.

Edited by Shipa

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hancocks resigned seemingly 

1 minute ago, Shipa said:

This would surely have been the perfect opportunity for Hancock to resign and slink off into the sunset, thus avoiding any scrutiny over the real shit he's been involved in?

Confirmed he has resigned

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

No chance they punt him while the vaccines are doing the job it’ll be when they need to have a fall guy

I think he might have finally realised what was heading his way. 

Wonder who they'll throw under the bus now. Buckland or Jenrick seem appropriate candidates.