St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

I think there's been a massive over-reaction to yesterday from some on here.

Yes, we were awful. Yes, we had no cutting edge and didn't look like we would ever score. Yes, Aitken's outlook on the game from the off is disappointing to say the least. (It's not an outlook I agree with certainly). But it's a 1-0 defeat when two of our more attacking players were unavailable. I'd hazard a guess that had Nade and Fleming been available, we'd have approached the game very differently and I daresay the result would have been different, because St.Mirren were woeful as well.

The last two games have been very disappointing, both in performance and more importantly result, but as I've said before, I'd still far rather be in our position than Livi's.

Goal scoring has been a problem all season, and even with Fleming and Nade we're unlikely to become a free-scoring side, but had we played averagely yesterday and it finished 0-0, I don't think there would be nearly as much dissection of the performance of the team and Aitken as there is here.

A bit of calm and realism is needed here. If we take points off Alloa and Livi in the weeks to come, then we could be in a healthy position in our battle against relegation and yesterday will be a blip on the copybook.

There has been a massive over-reaction from one poster, the rest of us are having a discussion. But I have to say that there's a slightly complacent tone to your post above; if Livvy defeat Alloa this weekend and we lose to Hibs then things tighten greatly, especially with us due to visit Almondvale.

What DOES give us hope however is the projected return of Lindsay; he and Wright are the two guys we really need to keep fit if we are to stay up.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that too on first watching the video.

Look again at frazer wright but; the st mirren player is all over him and stops him jumping.

Yep, had the discussion at half time where I said it looked soft but hard to say without a replay. The person I was talking to reckoned the foul wasn't given for anything on the 'keeper but that one of the defenders was obstructed.

I thought that too on first watching the video.

Look again at frazer wright but; the st mirren player is all over him and stops him jumping.

Yep, had the discussion at half time where I said it looked soft but hard to say without a replay. The person I was talking to reckoned the foul wasn't given for anything on the 'keeper but that one of the defenders was obstructed.

Fair do's will have another look at it. Knew I might have missed something, I was too focused on the keeper.

I've got to say, I don't think there's a foul on anyone there. Not that it mattered.

It does sort of matter though because it's yet another occasion that Brown has been shown to be weak in his six yard box. For such an experienced keeper he just doesn't command that area

There has been a massive over-reaction from one poster, the rest of us are having a discussion. But I have to say that there's a slightly complacent tone to your post above; if Livvy defeat Alloa this weekend and we lose to Hibs then things tighten greatly, especially with us due to visit Almondvale.

What DOES give us hope however is the projected return of Lindsay; he and Wright are the two guys we really need to keep fit if we are to stay up.

I don't have a complacent attitude regarding our predicament, so apologies if my post suggested that.

Of course it'll tighten up if Livi beat Alloa and, if expected, we lose to Hibs, all I was trying to suggest that there's games coming up for us that if we win, we'd be in a decent position.

That said, to win those games we'll need to score, and at the moment that doesn't look anywhere near happening, so I'm certainly not counting on points in the upcoming 'winnable' games.

Archived