LEAGUE DIVISION 2 LAST QUARTER

Wouldn't say that was the case tbh. At Hampden we have a lot of possession in games without doing an awful lot without doing a lot with it. Couple that with missing some ridiculouss chances and it's not a good formula picking up three points.

yeah mcpherson known for his attacking philosophy :)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we can talk too much; until Arbroath's current spell of five games without a goal, we were right up there with QP in terms of games without scoring (they've got 10, we've got 9). 

Despite our good defensive record, only Montrose have actually kept less clean sheets than we have. QP much better in that regard.

QP have actually got quite a good PPG against the better sides in the league. And we're currently the best two sides away from home (though we've played a couple of games more than they have).

I think it will go right down to the wire. Whoever finishes above Elgin will win the league. I would take going up via the play offs right now. Mon the Fife

what absolutely ridiculous post why wouldn't you take going up through the play off s

what absolutely ridiculous post why wouldn't you take going up through the play off s

Why ridiculous, he's obviously saying we want out of this division and would rather win the League to do so but it's that close at the top that doing so through the playoffs would do!!!

I think the final table may well look like this...................

1 East Fife

2 Elgin City

3 Clyde

4 Annan

5 Queens Park

6 Stirling

7 Berwick

8 Montrose

9 Arbroath

10 East Stirlingshire

Methinks.....

1 East Fife

2 Elgin City

3 Clyde

4 Berwick

5 Annan

6 Stirling

7 Queens Park

8 Montrose

9 Arbroath

10 East Stirlingshire

....and winners of the play off will be........!!!!? In Coff we trust.

What's the script among the top four 'mini league' standings? In truth, i think we'd be lucky not to be bottom of the four, our only results being 7 points from Annan.....

Not sure what you mean by that; Annan are fifth currently?

If we're looking at points per game versus the current top half, we are currently fifth (behind QP, Annan, EF and Montrose). Elgin are actually sixth.

I think Elgin will take the title depsite their setback last weekend.

East Fife, Stirling and Annan in the play offs, in that order.

The rest of us down to 7th still could sneak into play off contention but none of us are anything like consistent enough to see it through i fear. One good win is always followed by an unexpected draw or a shocking performance in a winnable game.

I feel a bit for Shire. They are coming into a perfect storm of injuries and bad results at the worst possible time of the season. Things look a bit bleak for them.

Top 4 'mini-league

1. Queen's Park 18 points from 9 games.

2. East Fife 15 points from 10 games.

3. Elgin 10 points from 10 games.

4. Clyde 8 points from 9 games.

Really interesting stat that. QP have only lost one game to another team from the top 4 so far, against East Fife at Hampden way back at the beginning of the season.

Elgin have a surprisingly poor record against their main rivals for a team at the top of the league.

If QP fall just short this season, it will certainly be because of an inability to beat 'lesser' opponents regularly enough. 

Also, Clyde have been pretty pish against decent teams.

Aye, we’ve only taken 5 points in total from the 7 games against Shire & Berwick. Last season it was losing 4 times to the eventual league winners that cost us the title.

This season is pretty ridiculous

Top 4 'mini-league

1. Queen's Park 18 points from 9 games.

2. East Fife 15 points from 10 games.

3. Elgin 10 points from 10 games.

4. Clyde 8 points from 9 games.

Really interesting stat that. QP have only lost one game to another team from the top 4 so far, against East Fife at Hampden way back at the beginning of the season.

Elgin have a surprisingly poor record against their main rivals for a team at the top of the league.

If QP fall just short this season, it will certainly be because of an inability to beat 'lesser' opponents regularly enough.

Also, Clyde have been pretty pish against decent teams.

The 'decent' teams haven't played particularly well against us in what I've seen either, albeit the top 3 have beaten us at least once this season. We've beaten East Fife, Elgin and Annan comfortably at Broadwood. I'd say we're similar to QP in the sense we get results against the teams around us but have dropped points against utter shite like Montrose, Shire, and Berwick.

It really is impossible to predict at this stage. If forced to choose a winner, I'd probably say Elgin purely because they're the only team in contention who have shown any sort of consistency with their home form. That said, there's been times recently where it looked as if they're bottle was going against East Fife and Stirling.

East Fife seem to have come out of nowhere. They were absolutely shocking at Broadwood a few months back and I'm pretty sure there were a few of their fans on here after that resigning themselves to mid table mediocrity after that.

Clyde haven't reached the expectations of pre season, yet I'd still give us a decent chance. Maybe we'll reach our potential in the next few weeks when it matters. I seem to recall Peterhead hitting form at around February/March time after a mediocre season before running away with it. I don't think that'll be the case but it shows there's still plenty of games left to build a decent lead at the top of we can carry our form over the next few weeks, something we've struggled to do so far. I think we'll have a clearer picture of where Clyde will finish after we play Elgin on Saturday and Annan the following Tuesday. Massive fixtures.

Exciting times.

Archived