Congratulations 'Rangers'

Oh, just you wait. The meltdown that will ensue the next time we win a major trophy will be quite spectacular.

I keep hearing this on here, but I think you've got it wrong.

We're all pretty used to seeing Rangers, in whatever guise, winning trophies.

This turmoil has been great fun. It's been worse for Rangers than I could ever have dreamed of. When the trophies return though, it'll just be greeted with most people by a 'back to work' type shrug.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Rangers, great they did it the right way what with all the youth they blooded on the tour of the seaside leagues. They should have five or six young Scots almost ready to be knocking on the door of the national team next season.

Well done Rangers, great they did it the right way what with all the youth they blooded on the tour of the seaside leagues. They should have five or six young Scots almost ready to be knocking on the door of the national team next season.

He's just not hurting.....

I keep hearing this on here, but I think you've got it wrong.We're all pretty used to seeing Rangers, in whatever guise, winning trophies.This turmoil has been great fun. It's been worse for Rangers than I could ever have dreamed of. When the trophies return though, it'll just be greeted with most people by a 'back to work' type shrug.

Spot on.

Do you think it occurs to some of these The Rangers 'supporters' that a lot of the comments made by supporters of other teams is because we've genuinely all found it pretty amusing over the last couple of years, rather than all this 'they're hurting, jealous, foaming at the mouth' stuff that seems to get posted in reply ad nauseam?

I keep hearing this on here, but I think you've got it wrong.We're all pretty used to seeing Rangers, in whatever guise, winning trophies.This turmoil has been great fun. It's been worse for Rangers than I could ever have dreamed of. When the trophies return though, it'll just be greeted with most people by a 'back to work' type shrug.

Exactly how I feel about the whole episode.

Our Saturday 3pm games went from the 28k mark to 35k mark

Was it as pronounced as that?

I'd thought gates had remained poorish until the play-offs kicked off. We played you (admittedly midweek) just after it and the attendance was relatively low, as I recall.

If I recall, our next game after the old board were ousted was a mid week night game against your team, it was the highest attendance since the opening fixture against Hearts, 7k more than we had against Hibs a few weeks prior.

There was no doubt the turgid football had a part to play but biggest thing influencing crowds was the board, as I said the 10k drop in ST`s after an unbeaten season was testament to that.

Yes, fair enough. I see that there were actually 35,000 at the Queens game.

I think I must have been basing my idea that the ground was pretty empty, on the clip of our 86th minute equaliser.

Yes, fair enough. I see that there were actually 35,000 at the Queens game. I think I must have been basing my idea that the ground was pretty empty, on the clip of our 86th minute equaliser.

There was a lot of talk in the run up to that midweek game about Ibrox being sold out to welcome the new Board. In the end it was nothing like sold out but it was still a very good attendance for a midweek relatively meaningless game (by then it was obvious they werent going to catch Hearts).

Imagine your club fucking dying.  What an absolute minter.  I wish I could see all those wankers I was in school with who used to take the piss out of me for supporting ICT.  The same wankers who had never been south of Daviot in their life.  And probably still never have.

Imagine your club fucking dying. What an absolute minter. I wish I could see all those wankers I was in school with who used to take the piss out of me for supporting ICT. The same wankers who had never been south of Daviot in their life. And probably still never have.

Apart from the Geography stuff this post could've been wrote by me.

I still have a horrible taste in my mouth thinking back to the day after Rangers won 9 in a row.

Horrible day at school and I specifically remember 1 guy who when I started High school was a Falkirk fan and there he was in a Rangers scarf.

I left around the time of our cup final in 97 but imagine a few of those gloryhunters would've been at the game.

Probably the 1st time they'd seen Ibrox in the flesh

Archived