Dundee FC vs Dundee United - The Doon Derby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never at half time, but sometimes before the game. I'm a sucker for stodge, ie macaroni pie.

It's a pity I'm not giving up the gig just yet. This would have been a perfect derby to sign off on, knowing it wouldn't matter if I got sacked in the morning for submitting a drunken match report written in collaboration with my esteemed colleagues in the Perth Dees.

I've been into the future and retrieved next week's match report. Good work.

post-12065-0-44461900-1461658634_thumb.p

Despite all the shîte we've taken off the DABS through the 2 administrations I'm disappointed none of them are admitting what their real problem is - reckless over spending and colossal financial mismanagement.

Despite the entire Morning, Noon and Night fortune getting hosed into the club in a vain attempt to get on top of us, they are effectively bankrupt.

Despite all the shîte we've taken off the DABS through the 2 administrations I'm disappointed none of them are admitting what their real problem is - reckless over spending and colossal financial mismanagement.

Despite the entire Morning, Noon and Night fortune getting hosed into the club in a vain attempt to get on top of us, they are effectively bankrupt.

Eddie Thompson spent too much money unwisely and this caused problems. His son and successor has been getting it in the neck despite having turned the club's finanaces around drastically. StephenThompson made one huge mistake that had knock on effects that led, unfortunately, to other bad mistakes.

Might watch this one

Jelly and ice cream at the ready

Really? No level of self awareness.

Eddie Thompson spent too much money unwisely and this caused problems. His son and successor has been getting it in the neck despite having turned the club's finanaces around drastically. StephenThompson made one huge mistake that had knock on effects that led, unfortunately, to other bad mistakes.

If McNamara had recruited from the lower divisions as successfully as Hartley has done then Thompson could have followed through his apparent plan to pull back his loans while leaving the team with a decent squad. The plan was perfectly plausible, if McNamara had got his signings right. I shudder to think what would have happened if United had gone for the same players we did and we'd recruited the duds, has beens & never weres that ended up at Tannadice. The financial issues were there long before the player sales started, but the killer was surely replacing top players with haddies last summer. Guys like Paton & Rankin had been reliable journeymen but suddenly became key players, while the youngsters had to grow up overnight, or ship out. Some of these lads careers might not recover.

If McNamara had recruited from the lower divisions as successfully as Hartley has done then Thompson could have followed through his apparent plan to pull back his loans while leaving the team with a decent squad. The plan was perfectly plausible, if McNamara had got his signings right. I shudder to think what would have happened if United had gone for the same players we did and we'd recruited the duds, has beens & never weres that ended up at Tannadice. The financial issues were there long before the player sales started, but the killer was surely replacing top players with haddies last summer. Guys like Paton & Rankin had been reliable journeymen but suddenly became key players, while the youngsters had to grow up overnight, or ship out. Some of these lads careers might not recover.

There's nothing in that post I disagree with.

The thing is McNamara has been proven to be a terrible manager whereas Hartley has been proven to be a competent one.

McNamara should have got the sack based on the second half performance last season. Not doing that was Thompson's big mistake, everything else has flowed from that fundamental error. Every other mistake has simply been the consequence of not making that decision.

At the risk of repeating myself, personally I judge Stephen Thompson on what he does from this point onwards. I think dragging us back up into the top flight in one or two seasons will be difficult but far from impossible but it's going to require commitment from the Board.

As for those fans and supporters groups wanting Thompson out, I'm sure if they can put together a few million then they can buy the club from him.

What a pile of shite.

You think United are "riding high?"

Or is what is actually happening right now got absolutely nothing to do with anything that has happened before?

I was referring to some of the stuff Utd fans are coming out with is reminiscent of the noise coming out of Dundee FC during our slide into yo-yo club status in the late 70s/early 80's.

Utd fans have so far pointed out that if they had achieved what DFC had achieved this season it would be still be considered mediocre when compared to their recent standards. There's also been some crowd wanking. Exactly the sort off stuff DFC fans and officials were clinging to when the balance of power shifted near 40 years ago.

It's entertaining stuff.

Archived