Stirling Albion Thread

Very strange the whole affair, I suppose the Albion Board did not want to be seen in a bad light if seen to be refusing to take part but in view of Covid restrictions in place does not exactly set a good example. 

Have only seen very limited glimpses of Paterson but definitely talent in there - Personal issues have halted what was a very promising career. Regular game time is essential to his development, hopefully he can get it at Forthbank and return for our assault on the premiership [emoji6]

Still early days under DY. TV interviews seems to suggest a similar style to KR. Always welcome fresh blood on pitch. But  tweaking the team won't bring a drastic change this season. Any improvement on the field has to come from within the existing players. I don't doubt the players have give their all. They need an incentive to take SAFC to where we would like to be, come the end of the season. Our recent cup game may have given us the opportunity to reward the players for improved results. Perhaps our new Financial Director has experience in that field.           

Alternatively  we plough on crossing our digits  and wait to  plundering the coffers next season.

8 hours ago, headthebaw said:

disappointed to see Sean leave but he's struggled to make the starting eleven.  Linlithgow have got themselves a good player.

Sorry to see Sean go but it seems he was not rated by both KR and DY so not unexpected given his age he wanted out to get more regular football. Good luck to him at Linlithgow Rose, expect him to do well at that level. 

On 28/01/2022 at 15:29, Lichtie78 said:

Have only seen very limited glimpses of Paterson but definitely talent in there - Personal issues have halted what was a very promising career. Regular game time is essential to his development, hopefully he can get it at Forthbank and return for our assault on the premiership emoji6.png

Your boy done good. Eagerly await his next outing. I would think he would feature on Stirling highlights shown on SATV

Looking for a new club. You guys are the closest and wondered what the crack is this season. Watched the highlights v. Annan and thought you played really good football at times. Might fancy coming along one week soon

Depending on you speak to you’ll probably get a different story, personally, the season has kind of went something like this. By and large everyone came into it with an expectation that we had one of the stronger squads, I think most knew that Kelty were a given but if anyone could upset the odds then some tipped us, however I’m sure fans thought a solid top 4 team was assembled. A couple of weeks before the start of the season we lost our main Striker and goal threat to Hamilton and he was never replaced.

Like previous seasons we started well, in fact excellent really as we finished 2nd in a League Cup group that contained Hearts, Inverness and Cove and took that form into the league. However as we got into September and then October, things really were starting to unravel. I personally put that down to the stubbornness of our ex manager and our 1 dimensional ridged long ball football, the fact that we never replaced our main goal threat and an over reliance on an over weight, unfit Striker. Ultimately it cost KR his job, ok he walked but we could see it was not working and things needed to be better, he had lost the supporters if nothing else.

Darren Young has now come in and has, this far, changed the style of play, we seem to be more expansive rather than direct and although he has lost a couple of creative players for us (Scally & Bikey) through no fault of his own, and he has also managed to get a couple off the wage bill to free up bringing a couple of his own signings in. He’s pretty coy about it in interviews but he will probably wait until the end of the season before making the wholesale changes, if he thinks the squad requires it. Results have improved, style of football has improved and so far so good I would say.

Genuinely don’t think we have a bad squad, but we do miss that goal scorer, but will wait and see if Frances can be that. Wouldn’t be surprised if we put a run together and finished in the top 4 but equally, wouldn’t be surprised if we just missed out again like last year.

What I would say, if you fancy coming along, is that Forthbank is a good place to watch football, the fans are friendly enough and there are lots of exciting things going on behind the scenes and we all live in hope that Young can keep improving the team on the pitch to give people something to cheer soon.

Excellent post, and imo a very fair summary of where we are.

Feel for Oberon 43 and fellow Raith fans, while applauding their principled stance. Having read the civil court case proceedings, I have no consideration or sympathy for Goodwillie and would be happy if the reaction forces him out of football for good.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Depending on you speak to you’ll probably get a different story, personally, the season has kind of went something like this. By and large everyone came into it with an expectation that we had one of the stronger squads, I think most knew that Kelty were a given but if anyone could upset the odds then some tipped us, however I’m sure fans thought a solid top 4 team was assembled. A couple of weeks before the start of the season we lost our main Striker and goal threat to Hamilton and he was never replaced.

Like previous seasons we started well, in fact excellent really as we finished 2nd in a League Cup group that contained Hearts, Inverness and Cove and took that form into the league. However as we got into September and then October, things really were starting to unravel. I personally put that down to the stubbornness of our ex manager and our 1 dimensional ridged long ball football, the fact that we never replaced our main goal threat and an over reliance on an over weight, unfit Striker. Ultimately it cost KR his job, ok he walked but we could see it was not working and things needed to be better, he had lost the supporters if nothing else.

Darren Young has now come in and has, this far, changed the style of play, we seem to be more expansive rather than direct and although he has lost a couple of creative players for us (Scally & Bikey) through no fault of his own, and he has also managed to get a couple off the wage bill to free up bringing a couple of his own signings in. He’s pretty coy about it in interviews but he will probably wait until the end of the season before making the wholesale changes, if he thinks the squad requires it. Results have improved, style of football has improved and so far so good I would say.

Genuinely don’t think we have a bad squad, but we do miss that goal scorer, but will wait and see if Frances can be that. Wouldn’t be surprised if we put a run together and finished in the top 4 but equally, wouldn’t be surprised if we just missed out again like last year.

What I would say, if you fancy coming along, is that Forthbank is a good place to watch football, the fans are friendly enough and there are lots of exciting things going on behind the scenes and we all live in hope that Young can keep improving the team on the pitch to give people something to cheer soon.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. Really appreciate it. I’m looking forward to my first match 

2 hours ago, gmca said:

Excellent post, and imo a very fair summary of where we are.

Feel for Oberon 43 and fellow Raith fans, while applauding their principled stance. Having read the civil court case proceedings, I have no consideration or sympathy for Goodwillie and would be happy if the reaction forces him out of football for good.

It’s so tough to walk away from a team I’ve supported all my life especially as just days ago all was going well, the fans were fully behind the team and the community atmosphere was brilliant with loads of kids and mums coming to the games. All of this was destroyed in one fell swoop. I’m grieving with the loss but look forward to one day becoming a Bino. Thank you for your help and support

On 05/02/2022 at 09:51, Binos said:

Wonder why stirling didn't hire campbell,  or anyone like him

Jocky scott doesn't count,  he clearly couldn't be bothered and had no fight left in him

Good question have to ask the Club Board why they did not go with someone with proven knowledge of the lower leagues, maybe they tried but got knocked back or told GTF 😀

• 3 weeks later...

As a season, this is ominously like the first Ray Stewart season: starting with expectation that a squad had been assembled to challenge for the top (it is almost one year since the confident announcements preparing for this season ), then eroding into a slump towards the bottom. Despite mutterings disparaging keyboard warriors, there is a dearth of comments about the situation. Watching the stream of yesterday's match at Elgin, it was dire stuff. Was enough done in January to shore things up? Or has it been assumed that if the upward play-offs were out of reach, a new manager could bring enough spark to get to the end of the season in mid-table? Even that is looking challenging just now.

Edited by Ally_D