Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

So in summary you don't go to games because of people on pie and bovril who  talk shite and wouldn't say things to your face that they'd say here? Yet you're saying other people talk drivel?

When did I mention my face? I try not to argue with airdrie fans on here. And I said it was a contributory factor to my poor attendance not the sole reason.
If you're going to take issue with what I say make sure you understand it first ffs.
Anyway I'm not pulling the thread down any further by getting embroiled in it. Zzzz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why not just ignore the posters you think are attention seeking or talking drivel.... and there are a few. By answering them or commenting on them you are just giving them what they want and playing right into their hands! Ignore them completely.....

Because some of the main culprits also provide some of the best analysis of other issues at other times they just met themselves down with petty pish.

Just now, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Because some of the main culprits also provide some of the best analysis of other issues at other times they just met themselves down with petty pish.

Good on you being honest. The problem on here is if your honest and people don't agree, you will get called every name under the sun. I would love to know who some of the people are on here so I could confront them to their face.  I have agreeded and not agreeded with some of your posts but at least you don't result to personal insults.

43 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

.... so I could confront them to their face.  

Cooper81,  you are a nuisance on this forum and you have singlehandedly ruined it.   You have written an absurd number of unreadable posts over the past six or seven months.   You have antagonised previously good posters like cbdiamond, touchbymadness, pesadilla and el gringo to make them insane, and fans of other teams make fun of you.  Some fans like the Chlamydia Kid say your posts put help them off going to games.

Now you have made what looks like a threat of violence.

You really need to stop posting.

24 minutes ago, Cooper81 said:

Good on you being honest. The problem on here is if your honest and people don't agree, you will get called every name under the sun. I would love to know who some of the people are on here so I could confront them to their face.  I have agreeded and not agreeded with some of your posts but at least you don't result to personal insults.

It's not the fact that you are honest, it's the fact that sometimes your posts are incoherent and hard to make sense of what you're trying to say.  It may seem petty but when you spell the likes of opinion oppinon and agreed agreeded it's hard for folk to take you seriously when arguing/putting across a point.

Why don't you shove your posts through a spell checker first and read them a couple of times to make sure they make sense before pressing send.

You do make some good points but because of what the post actually contains, it makes you sound like a bumbling fool. You have Airdrie at heart and are passionate about the club, just tone it down a wee bit and you may get somewhere.

3 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Thanks for the advice Marc and good luck today.

Remember to take an open stance Marc when crosses come in.   You need to see the man you're marking or they'll continue to lose you in the box.   Scotty doimg the same thing regularly.

If we cut out the ballwatching we improve a lot.

Your welcome but I'm not Marc...... he's warming up on the pitch right now 

Embarasing sums up that performance. The positives not many but Gorman was solid and should be one of the first names on the team sheet next week. McIntosh got substituted where as a poor Marc Fitzpatrick remained on the pitch. Russell is a embarsement and I won't go on about Russell as I have already made my feelings clear on what I think of Iain Russell.

Can you elaborate?   Info I had was that he was on £600/week and that from that he lets put a flat from McBride's agent.

He was but was told his wages were being cut to less than half that (if figures are correct) and that he was free to go to another club if he could find one.

Archived