Election Night

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like it suits you to have a Tory government in Westminster because you don't actually care what is best for people- you want the worst for people to portray your fanatical conviction to break away as - the only option.

What a cretin you are - as opposition they're not actually in charge of anything so having them there is nothing like having them in real charge down south. Enjoy the inevitable journey to independence my man

On the plus side. There's a majority of pro-independence MSP's so if Nicola does decide to call another referendum then the support is there

Do the current results show a mandate? 47.1% of the constituency vote went for pro-Indy parties. Based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence, I would wager those in favour of Indy would be more likely to vote in these elections as well. Really I don't think there's been much, if any, movement from the 55-45.

Going purely off these results I don't see a referendum on this parliament - unless Brexit happens, of course.

Some talk on twitter that Ruth Davidson could be a future prime minister

Of?

ETA: Beaten to it, the story of my life (and football team)

Do the current results show a mandate? 47.1% of the constituency vote went for pro-Indy parties. Based on nothing more than anecdotal evidence, I would wager those in favour of Indy would be more likely to vote in these elections as well. Really I don't think there's been much, if any, movement from the 55-45.

Going purely off these results I don't see a referendum on this parliament - unless Brexit happens, of course.

The torrys got their vote out...

56% turnout... on a 75% turnout.. I'd say 50/50

The torrys got their vote out...

56% turnout... on a 75% turnout.. I'd say 50/50

I don't think the Tory's have a 'vote' to get out. They've picked up Labour supporters who don't believe in independence and have nowhere else to go.

They've wheeled John Curtice out for his annual wash and he's predicting 63 for the SNP.

Obviously hugely disappointing to fall from 2011 numbers which nobody predicted but in the face of the unionist vote rallying and uniting, it's not surprising

Archived