The Partick Thistle thread

Summer signings analysed

Ade Azeez 8/10

Great energy and effort every game seems to be winning fans over after goal at Dundee looking like a great signing if he starts scoring regularly.

Squiddy 8.5/10

Again puts in maximum effort every game already got 3 league goals would like to see him get more minutes on the park with the new formation maybe start him against Motherwell?

Adam Barton 9/10

Wasn't too sure about him after his first 2 games in the centre midfield role but after his move to centreback with the new formation he is looking fantastic never seems to lose a header and very calm on the ball reminds me of when Shaggy was our centre half.

Daniel Devine 6.5/10 

If i had posted this 3 or 4 weeks ago I would have given him a 2/10 but since Barton has moved along side him Devine has become more soild and has grown in confidence seems to be pretty decent at passing through the middle overall looking like a decent centerback now. Bar his 2 missed chances against Aberdeen.

Ziggy Gordon 6.5/10 

I think he has fallen away a bit. Looked like a great signing at first but became less soild and gave away that last minute goal against county. Out of the team at the moment but if he comes back into it I hope for him that he has improved again.

Throsten Stuckman 6.5/10 

looked reliable in the games he has played but was a mile too far off his line at Aberdeen's second goal on Friday, room for improvement I think but nothing to worry about I hope.

David Syme N/A

Virtually hasn't played a game bar one appearance in the league cup group stage which he didn't really have much to do so I find it hard to give him a rating. Will be interesting to see if he gets any league games this season.

I genuinely can't find a single rating I'd agree with there. Mental that Barton is 9/10 when he's played half a dozen games, Azeez is 8/10 when he's a striker who struggles to finish, Devine is 6.5/10 when we had to change the system to account for him being unable to defend and Gordon getting anything over 2/10 with that 2 being for his performances at Ibrox alone. Even Syme not being able to get a rating when he's started 2 games which is the exact same number games for which Stuckmann has been given 6.5/10 is odd.

20 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

. Even Syme not being able to get a rating when he's started 2 games which is the exact same number games for which Stuckmann has been given 6.5/10 is odd.

What other game apart from the 4-1 steinhousemuir game has Syme started or even played in ?

23 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I genuinely can't find a single rating I'd agree with there. Mental that Barton is 9/10 when he's played half a dozen games, Azeez is 8/10 when he's a striker who struggles to finish, Devine is 6.5/10 when we had to change the system to account for him being unable to defend and Gordon getting anything over 2/10 with that 2 being for his performances at Ibrox alone. Even Syme not being able to get a rating when he's started 2 games which is the exact same number games for which Stuckmann has been given 6.5/10 is odd.

Also I'm only judging players on what I have seen on them so I don't think it is mental to give Barton a 9/10 for what I've seen of him also I only rating Stuckman again if what I have seen of him the only reason Syme was not given a rating was because in the one game I have seen him in he had absolutely nothing to do in it so I couldn't really justify giving him a rating for doing near to nothing 

17 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

What other game apart from the 4-1 steinhousemuir game has Syme started or even played in ?

16 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

Also you appeared not to disagree with squiddys rating or decided not to comment your opinion on it.

13 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

Also I'm only judging players on what I have seen on them so I don't think it is mental to give Barton a 9/10 for what I've seen of him also I only rating Stuckman again if what I have seen of him the only reason Syme was not given a rating was because in the one game I have seen him in he had absolutely nothing to do in it so I couldn't really justify giving him a rating for doing near to nothing 

Syme started against Dundee Utd. 

No idea why it's taken you 3 posts to reply to 1 of mine. Erskine's been nowhere near 8.5/10 either since for some reason I need to reply to every single part of a post to think it's nonsense.  6.5/10 for Devine and Gordon, Jesus Christ.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Syme started against Dundee Utd. 

No idea why it's taken you 3 posts to reply to 1 of mine. Erskine's been nowhere near 8.5/10 either since for some reason I need to reply to every single part of a post to think it's nonsense.  6.5/10 for Devine and Gordon, Jesus Christ.

Don't know why you are getting so wound up I was stating my opinion. And when asking about who else Syme played against apart from steinhousemuir I was not trying to be clever or trying to prove you wrong I was genuinely asking who else he had played against same with asking about why you hadn't commented on squiddys rating I was only asking. And finally the only reason I had to reply through 3 different comments was because my computer God knows why wouldn't let me reply to you all in one comment.

2 minutes ago, RedAndYellow said:

Don't know why you are getting so wound up I was stating my opinion. And when asking about who else Syme played against apart from steinhousemuir I was not trying to be clever or trying to prove you wrong I was genuinely asking who else he had played against same with asking about why you hadn't commented on squiddys rating I was only asking. And finally the only reason I had to reply through 3 different comments was because my computer God knows why wouldn't let me reply to you all in one comment.

Maybe you should send your computer back to the supplier for a checkup? :whistle

I always love how new members jump on stating utter nonsense then don't understand why people call them out on it. He's not getting wound up broski, you've just made an opinion which is roundly judged as being incorrect.