The Partick Thistle thread

In the interview Gary told Michael he thinks 5-6 weeks. He's back running and doing light training. His injury is depressing for him as it just won't heal. I feel for the lad as he seemed extremely anxious to get back asap. Thanked Archie and Paterson for how they have taken care of him. Not to be a pessimist but probably aching to play because he is out of contract end of season. Hope he does get at least a handful of games for us especially if we make it to dizzy heights of top 6. He's a good wee player who's had an awful year.

On Lindsay it's a travesty not one major media outlet or journalist is routing for his call up other than a small article I saw in Evening Times a few days back that mentioned this as Niall Keown talked about his ability. I can't get my head around why a young lad with the size, obvious development , scores goals and now has 50-60 premiership matches under his belt who is being scouted by top championship clubs in England can't get a call up or at very least get more media backing. Not one of these clowns on Sportsound like English, Spiers or Jackson of the Record is talking about him. Barely any mention or discussion in Sportsound. It's an injustice and shows how bias and part of the problem these guys in the papers and on TV are.
It actually makes me angry as in the last 2 months Lindsay has stepped up another notch.

I agree that Strachan will probably not even bother with calling him up. He talks a good game about giving the young talent time with the squad but if they don't play for the top 4 in Scotland (OF, Hearts or Aberdeen) you're pretty much left in the dark.

Sad as we really have no options at CB. He deserves a call up and a shot to prove his worth. Hopefully he'll get it and we're proven wrong.

Captain Abdul Osman's birthday today was yesterday...

IMG_0010.JPG.b7f9860d7c4f1b21f700b689294c8491.JPG

On other news, Craig Thomson will referee our quarter final with Aberdeen on Sunday :unsure:

C29F90F5-E644-4207-BE0E-BBB950CD2212-247-00000048C519BB77_tmp.png.5914453808006c1d2846cb64ac47bb1c.png

Edited by jagfox99

6 hours ago, thistledo said:

Cheers, had hoped he might make a sub appearance at the end of the season, but perhaps not. 

Will be nice to have no long term injuries next season. 

Weird realising that he'll have been out for about a year and a half, that's a long time in terms of a footballers career.

4 hours ago, Rednyella said:

In the interview Gary told Michael he thinks 5-6 weeks. He's back running and doing light training. His injury is depressing for him as it just won't heal. I feel for the lad as he seemed extremely anxious to get back asap. Thanked Archie and Paterson for how they have taken care of him. Not to be a pessimist but probably aching to play because he is out of contract end of season. Hope he does get at least a handful of games for us especially if we make it to dizzy heights of top 6. He's a good wee player who's had an awful year.

Yeah it's a shame for him, he can be a terrific player but he's barely managed a run of games in the 3 years he's been here. With both Welsh and Fraser out of contract, I can only see one being kept on as they're both prone to injuries, I reckon it'll be Welsh if it comes down to it.

I think Welsh has earned a new deal without question although I'm always wary of players who come into good form once their contracts are due for expiry.

As for Fraser, there's undoubtedly a player in there; a joy to watch when he's on form. But there's big question marks over his fitness and furthermore his attitude at times. I think Archie rates him very highly however so I suspect we'll see him offered something for next season, perhaps a 6 month deal initially to see how he copes after a full pre-season.

Aside the OF games, what are the odds on us winning the rest of our games?

Our remaining league games are..

Dundee - Away

ICT - Home

Killie - Away

County - Home

Mwell - Home

I fancy us winning the rest of our games (except the OF ones), wheres the best place to part with my money? :P

Edited by cilitbang

1 hour ago, cilitbang said:

Dundee - Away

ICT - Home

Killie - Away

County - Home

Mwell - Home

I fancy us winning the rest of our games (except the OF ones), wheres the best place to part with my money? :P

Read earlier that, amazingly, we've only lost 1 game to a bottom 7 team this season (2-0 to Motherwell in November).

17 hours ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Read earlier that, amazingly, we've only lost 1 game to a bottom 7 team this season (2-0 to Motherwell in November).

Had to go see that for myself, that is indeed correct! A lot of draws in there, that probably could have been wins had it not been for late goals no doubt. 

20 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Dundee - Away

ICT - Home

Killie - Away

County - Home

Mwell - Home

12 points from the final 7 pre-split games would give us a good chance of finishing 6th, and almost certainly safe for the season. Totally writing off the Celtic game, it means we'd need at least 4 wins, or 3 wins/3 draws from our final 6, which seems a tough ask, imo.

Considering the nature of the bottom 7 this season, though, where everything is so tight and teams are taking points off each other regularly, a lower total might be required for 6th. This way we could possibly sneak in with 9 or 10 points from the remaining fixtures.

12 points from the final 7 pre-split games would give us a good chance of finishing 6th, and almost certainly safe for the season. Totally writing off the Celtic game, it means we'd need at least 4 wins, or 3 wins/3 draws from our final 6, which seems a tough ask, imo.
Considering the nature of the bottom 7 this season, though, where everything is so tight and teams are taking points off each other regularly, a lower total might be required for 6th. This way we could possibly sneak in with 9 or 10 points from the remaining fixtures.

I feel like if you finish 6th, the chances of getting relegated are somewhat better than "almost certainly". [emoji23]

Am i correct in suggesting that if we finish in the top 6 we are due 3 home games against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen? If that's true then that will certainly add a fair whack to our finances.

9 minutes ago, Maine said:

Am i correct in suggesting that if we finish in the top 6 we are due 3 home games against Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen? If that's true then that will certainly add a fair whack to our finances.

Yeah I think that's how it should work. But, if it doesn't for some reason, I wouldn't be surprised. 

2 hours ago, Widge said:

I feel like if you finish 6th, the chances of getting relegated are somewhat better than "almost certainly". emoji23.png

You'd think, aye!

The two points were separate, though. As in, 12 points would give us a good chance of finishing 6th, and in the event that it wasn't enough for 6th, would almost certainly be enough to stay up anyway.

Edited by Nightmare