The Partick Thistle thread

Good result for us with County beating Dundee. Just need Killie to not beat Sevco and Hearts and we're in, no matter what happens against Motherwell.

If only Rangers and Hearts weren't such bottlejobs...

None of that sh*te will matter as long as we beat Motherwell on Saturday (Presuming Celtic beat Killie, which they should, especially at Parkhead). That match is going to have the same feel as the County game at Dingwall last season.

Although it seems like the wrong attitude to go in with, we have to almost treat the Celtic game like a loss. If we do get anything then that would be a massive bonus but we have to make sure that everyone is fit for the 'Well game as a win in that could confirm top six.

We know that a few of the players were carrying knocks but they may have cleared up over the international break, however, if there are any key team members with such injuries then they should be rested if possible. Considering that Doolan supposedly has a knock, Azeez should be a nailed on starter as I thought he did quite well last time at Parkhead. If we can grind out a draw or even steal a win in some unfathomable circumstance then great but focus has to be in Motherwell as that game will likely be the decider in the top six race.

Don't see Muzzy being wasted vs Celtic if he can't do two games a week currently.

Got a horrible feeling Killie will get a result tomorrow as Boyd will just sit on this youngster the whole game (plus Sevco being depleted and already being shite).

Seriously not concerned.     It's done and dusted, we're in the top six.

That Kilmarnock team we played a couple of weeks ago are simply not capable of taking the minimum of five points they require from their three remaining fixtures.

Bookies make us 1/100 for a reason and if they think it's a certainty and every other supporter think it's pretty much a certainty I don't see where the doubt and nervousness come from

Seriously not concerned.     It's done and dusted, we're in the top six. That Kilmarnock team we played a couple of weeks ago are simply not capable of taking the minimum of five points they require from their three remaining fixtures.

Bookies make us 1/100 for a reason and if they think it's a certainty and every other supporter think it's pretty much a certainty I don't see where the doubt and nervousness come from

I agree to an extent. On paper it's a done deal. On paper we will beat Motherwell while Killie should lose all three of their games but in reality Motherwell will give us a tough game since they're fighting right amongst the bottom group and Hearts aren't in the position their in based on recent form and have a history of dropping points to teams below (eg. Us, County, Dundee, etc.). Plus, Rangers are in a weird period that is allowing Pedro C. to acclimatise to Scottish football and no one really knows what to expect as Pedro C. seems to do things his own way (eg. subbing three defs. at half time or announcing his team over 24 hours prior to a game) so we can't rely on them to put Killie away. Hopefully, Killie will lose tonight so that, even considering the probable loss tonight, we could potentially tie things up on Saturday at Firhill. Despite all that's being said about Killie potentially winning two of their last three, you could just as easily see them losing tonight and Saturday, at Celtic, confirming us as the winners of the top six race by Match of the Day at the weekend regardless of our result against the 'Well. So, as much as it hurts to do so, I'm hoping for a Rangers win tonight and a Celtic win on Saturday.

Forgetting all that nonsense, if we beat Motherwell, Killie would have to win all three games (considering out vastly superior GD), one of which is a trip to Parkhead so it's in our hands, overall.

The chances of Killie taking 3 points from both Rangers and Hearts, as well as us not taking anything from Motherwell (and Rangers I suppose) is still possible. Not likely, but hardly 1/100 odds of happening as the bookies seem to think, imo.

Hearts have generally been pretty shite since Cathro took over, and Rangers are playing a pair of youngsters in their defence tonight (as their new manager randomly decided to tell everyone a full day before the game, for some reason). And there's always the potential for us to shite ourselves against Motherwell.

And there's always the potential for us to shite ourselves against Motherwell.

That's the fear. We can only focus on what we have but the Motherwell game (depending on tonight's Killie result) will have the same feel as County away just before the split last season and we can't afford to sh*t the bed like we did in that game. If Osman is out until at least the split then I feel like Danny Devine is going to be a key figure against 'Well, I don't care who it is but someone has to step up and fill the Osman gap because we'll need a leader.

Hearts are basically a 3 point bye at the moment so assuming we both lose at Parkhead it comes down to us beating motherwell or relying on Rangers tonight.

I once went on a 4 day hike, shat in holes in the ground, and didn't wash properly but I don't think I felt as dirty at the end of that as I do for wwanting Rangers to win tonight.