The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Ah that wouldn't have helped his cause. Always would have been difficult to get a run of games with Bannigan, Docherty, Turner etc. Feel Cole will have options, interesting to see where he reappears.

Cam as you say must be off. Sneddon I rate quite highly but Mitchell has been outstanding at times. Great distribution as well as being all round a solid keeper.

There were rumours he was gonna be recalled by The Rangers, in January and on his way to Newcastle. Circumstances certainly put that one to bed.

Apart from the potential 500 mile journey of sadness, next Sunday.

I am happier,in the short-term, to get a bash at County next week.

Killie would be a tough egg to crack at RP, and it's a long time since we gave them a shoeing, at Firhill (Alex Burn's hat-trick game)?

We definitely have a great chance, but I'm not counting any chickens yet.

It would also be nice to see that p***k McKay get jettisoned, if we get promoted.

8 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Would definitely prefer County for a few reasons, this is one of them. Mainly just don't want to be in the same league as them either way next season plus our record vs Killie at Firhill and their home record this season is pretty grim for us... so no doubt it will be Killie we play 

I think youll beat Ross county but hoping you wont.would rather you than Ross county in the championship for obvious reasons.

No offence lads (and ladies) but would you consider throwing the playoff? I know you want to win promotion but I really don’t fancy Ross County down here in the Championship. You’ve got a bigger away support and we get an away day to Glasgow.  

Honestly though best of luck in the final, Thistle fans are a decent bunch in my experience and quite frankly we’re best shot of that terrifying mascot which just causes nightmares for all involved. 

Good luck.  

24 minutes ago, colliedug said:

I think it's 2000 behind the goal but don't know if they would give us more?

They won't.

They've always lied about their home attendances but its gone into overdrive now their own fans boycott due to hiring Mackay.

Expect to be told its a home sell out before discovering sections empty.

We took 2300 to Ayr on a Friday night but Ayr is much much easier to get to and there's no public transport to get back to Glasgow after the game from Dingwall on a Sunday, I think I've also read it's a bus replacement service on the way up. 

I don't think we'll take 2000. 

I think the fact it’s a Sunday and the time is not ideal for getting home (on public transport) will put some people off going. So I’m inclined to agree we won’t take 2k. We should have a relatively large turnout on Thursday night though, hopefully we properly sell out the JLS this time - it’s been a while since we’ve seen that stand packed. 

Presumably, County won’t bring a huge away support.

11 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Amazing stats flooding out all over right now and most of the post-Somerset updates are now in place at the Archive →

:detective:  JAGGERNAUT

● 100 years from the first competitive encounter, Thistle meet Ayr United for the 150th time.
● Now 339 days long, 2022-23 becomes the longest season ('All Games') on record. The previous record (338 days) was set in 1889-90. And it's not done yet ; - )
Jack McMillan reaches 50 competitive appearances in season 2022-23. He's only the second Jag to do so this century, following on from Grant Murray (51) in the promotion-winning season of 2005-06.
● Thistle have now scored in EIGHT consecutive first halves; you need to rewind to August 1971 to find a longer run (9).
● Bizarrely, 3 of Jack McMillan's 5 goals for the club have been scored in the last 4 games, all in the play-offs.
● It's now 12 direct goal involvements in his last 9 games for the incredible Scott Tiffoney who will now seek to register a counter in a 10th consecutive game in which he's appeared. His second goal of the night was his 25th goal for the club, all scored in competitive action.
Jack McMillan (12) and Kyle Turner (13) now sit 2nd and 1st with the highest assist tallies of any Jag in the last 10 seasons, and it's a fascinating battle between the two for this season's crown.
Kris Doolan's Jags have now scored two or more goals in seven consecutive competitive matches. You need to rewind to December 1967 to find a longer run (8, by Willie Thornton's boys). Jaggernaut.
● With their 3rd 'total football' goal of the night Partick Thistle FC set a new Scottish goals record for same-season play-off games, overtaking Forfar Athletic's 13-goal tally of 2016-17. The new record sits at 16 goals - where will it end?
● The maestro who is Steven Lawless hits the 44 competitive goals mark for Partick Thistle and enters the All-Time Top 50 goals chart. It's amazing to have two Jagsmen on the ascent simultaneously in the higher echelons - keep an eye on their progress in our illustrated chart from hereon.
Kevin Holt hits the 9 goal mark for 2022-23 and is the highest scoring Thistle defender since Scott McCulloch notched 10 in the promotion-winning season of 2005-06.
● The 5-0 scoreline sets a brand new away-win record in the H2H between these clubs.
● 3 consecutive wins to nil is a first for the season, and means that Partick Thistle match the Scottish record for successive wins to nil in the play-offs in any given season. 3-in-a-row was only ever achieved by Cove Rangers in 2018-19. No team has ever kept 4 clean-sheets in any given campaign.
● Partick Thistle match the Scottish record for successive wins in the play-offs in any given season. 4-in-a-row was first achieved by Cove Rangers (2018-19) then Kelty Hearts (2021-22).
Ian McCall/Kris Doolan's Jags become the 6th highest scoring Thistle team of all-time, now with 98 goals in all competitions 2022-23. It's the highest tally since Davie McParlands's Jags hit 100 goals in 1970-71. You can compare all seasons in our sortable results tables.
● We thought Alan Archibald's 1 defeat in 21 competitive matches would never be seen again at the start of a Partick Thistle manager's reign, but Kris Doolan is having a right good go with 1 defeat in 17 and counting…

ongoing sequences:
● 7 competitive home games without defeat; 4th Mar 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 7 games; 20th Mar 2021 to 29th Apr 2021. Club-record: 24 games; 5th May 2001 to 17th Aug 2002.)
● 10 competitive games without defeat, 1st Apr 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 10 games, 10th Apr 2013 to 16th Aug 2013. Joint club-record: 16 games, 15th Nov 1975 to 21st Feb 1976 & 30th Sep 2000 to 13th Jan 2001.)
● 50 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: James Penrice - 51 games, 7th Sep 2019 to 10th Apr 2021. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

A small amendment needed to add in Charlie Albinson's 27th minute yellow card for dissent. He was issued it in the middle of the second goal celebrations, so it's understandable that it maybe hasn't been widely reported through your usual sources but it was definitely issued as per referee report.

34 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We took 2300 to Ayr on a Friday night but Ayr is much much easier to get to and there's no public transport to get back to Glasgow after the game from Dingwall on a Sunday, I think I've also read it's a bus replacement service on the way up. 

I don't think we'll take 2000. 

28 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I think the fact it’s a Sunday and the time is not ideal for getting home (on public transport) will put some people off going. So I’m inclined to agree we won’t take 2k. We should have a relatively large turnout on Thursday night though, hopefully we properly sell out the JLS this time - it’s been a while since we’ve seen that stand packed. 

Presumably, County won’t bring a huge away support.

All things considered as you noted above you may be correct that we won't sell it out but hopefully a good crowd travel.

Slightly different on travel but we travelled to Peterhead in 2006 and I think we took certainly 2000 that day as the crowd was in the region of 3500 so you just never know

That also was a Sunday

Edited by colliedug

FWIW, I assume you lot will be given the stand behind the goal and the extension if you’re wanting it. Our attendances have been pathetic this season and I don’t see that changing on Sunday, especially when we get cuffed on Thursday night.