The Partick Thistle thread

Does anyone know when archies contract is up. is that the end of this season also i would imagine if wer safe again there would be a few in the bottom 6 that would be interested by then he will have kept us up for 3 seasons with the tightest budget in the league each year also with the youngsters coming through this is something else that will interest other teams i dont want to sound all negative just a bit concered that next season could really be a struggle because this 1 i think we will be ok

Some players only want 1 year deals to keep their options open. It's not always the club being cheap. There's no way Lawless would sign a 3 year contract.

Archie is on a yearly rolling contract I thought.

Jeez, I don't think I have the stomach for WAT anymore. Seems we're destined for the bottom two if we don't win our next two games. Oh, and someone believes a back four of Elliott-Hendry-Lindsay-Booth is our best.

Archie's incrementally gaining recognition for the good job he's doing - Strachan appeared to be a fan on Sunday - but the praise is yet to reach the somewhat hysterical levels lavished on the likes of Hartley. He's going to be with us for a while, barring any existential event.

Jeez, I don't think I have the stomach for WAT anymore. Seems we're destined for the bottom two if we don't win our next two games. Oh, and someone believes a back four of Elliott-Hendry-Lindsay-Booth is our best.

Archie's incrementally gaining recognition for the good job he's doing - Strachan appeared to be a fan on Sunday - but the praise is yet to reach the somewhat hysterical levels lavished on the likes of Hartley. He's going to be with us for a while, barring any existential event.

I can't blame you on WAT. Jesus, that thread about the North Stand is a car crash. Send someone who's 'down with the kids' to sound them out about shutting it to save money?

I'm kind of far off about the best line up for Thistle. What the blazes is the matter with Dan?

Red Monkey with some top trolling on WAT 8)

I guess any additions before 'the transfer window SLAMS shut' will be loanees from down south. Clubs will be looking at loaning out players in that perceived space between development league football and the first team squad. I'd say a utility defender and a creative player who can play out wide are still the positions being looked at by the club?

We have lacked consistency of selection and subsequently over the course of our spell in the top flight and this apparently even got Archie worried around the time of the ICT cup defeat. We then went on our best spell in the latter half of last season as the core of the team was fairly settled from back to front.

The new season has brought new challenges for the management team but I'm sure Archie has 8 or 9 names in mind for his first choice team this season.

The arrival of Lindsay and Hendry has given a welcome selection issue but I feel Frans will get back in the team tonight. I'm not sure Seaborne and him are our best pairing. As mentioned before the best pairing isn't always the best two players as I was more impressed with a pairing of Freddy and Conrad than when Seaborne was playing.

I can see the #9 position being rotated again as the season progresses.

A win tonight would be fantastic but I wouldn't be too disappointed with a hard won point.

The way Hartley and to a lesser extent - McNamara are bummed up by our media is laughable. You would think they had both played for one of the Old Firm or something.

On a positive track, perhaps the Celtic game has released some hard cash to Archibald to sign one or two targets, a la the old days of Lambie bringing in a player the week after playing a home game against one of the Auld Firm back in the day?

We still need a right back IMO.

Does SOD have a brother?

He has two I think? Neither are professional footballers though. Maybe it is Christie's bro who was at Sunderland? Or even his mum :wub: