The Partick Thistle thread

Looking towards the January window, do we even need to sign any players?

Ideally a central defender who isn't a sicknote like Seaborne or a bomb scare like Frans would be nice. If we're going to persist with the 3 central midfielders then someone better than Welsh is needed too.

Ideally a central defender who isn't a sicknote like Seaborne or a bomb scare like Frans would be nice. If we're going to persist with the 3 central midfielders then someone better than Welsh is needed too.

Any chance of getting Craigan back?

I think we need someone to link the midfield and attack and chip in with a few goals and assists. Whether that's one of the current crop (Stevenson, Lawless, Edwards(?), Fraser(??)) getting the finger out or someone new coming in I don't know. We might be a CB light as well as Seaborne probably fancies some time off over Christmas, unless this boy Whiteside is good enough now.

We've got an absolute ton of midfield players / wingers, could theoretically field this team

Cerny

Welsh Osman Bannigan Lawless

Fraser Wilson

Amoo Edwards McDaid

Stevenson

(and that doesn't count Muirhead / Elliott / assorted other weans) but how many are actually good enough / in form, apart from Cerny?

Just getting my tickets for the ICT game via wwww.ptfctickets.co.uk (I hope it's on) and I noticed tickets are on sale for the away game vs KFC on the 28 November.

Full price is £20 and concessions are £15 with family tickets for the Chadwick Stand available too.

Can be collected from Firhill or posted out for a £2 surcharge.

Tickets for the home games vs ICT and Motherwell are £20 too if you collect or have a smartcard.

Dear Maxie, targets and ambitions are all good, but when the team's flirting with the drop and struggling to shoot its way out of a paper bag, gonnae no say that? Just gonnae no?

One of Dinamo Zagrebs players have been banned from football for 4 years after failing a drugs test. Makes McMillan seem pretty lucky. The Zagreb player also says he's innocent, funny how these guys always conveniently claim to be unaware they had drugs in their system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34886462

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

One of Dinamo Zagrebs players have been banned from football for 4 years after failing a drugs test. Makes McMillan seem pretty lucky. The Zagreb player also says he's innocent, funny how these guys always conveniently claim to be unaware they had drugs in their system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34886462

Is he claiming he'll clear his name? You can't be innocent unless you say you'll clear your name.

2,800 at the game today. Can we therefore assume the Students Go Free initiative didn't really have the intended impact.

Nope, it should be used every week IMO.

Or at least until the end of the season, after which they can charge the sponging b*****ds.

Edited by Firhill Road

2,800 at the game today. Can we therefore assume the Students Go Free initiative didn't really have the intended impact.

I met a nice student lassie from China after the game who was there. She'd been before but bought a calendar. Edited by jagfox99

For all we know the crowd could have been even lower without the go free scheme.The club will know how many took part in it and whether it was a failure or not. Shit crowd though, but the 4-0 scudding off Hearts probably put a few people off.

Problem is, as i posted earlier, that while they can have numbers for how many comps they handed out - how many were to existing student thistle fans that go whenever possible as it is to firhill?