The Partick Thistle thread

New CEO looks 12 years old.

been associated with massive clubs by the looks of it.

thistle have only brought him in as we are skint, paying him in sweets and wrestling figures.

can’t wait for the obligatory interview where he tells us thistles always been part of his life

yawn

11 minutes ago, El Gringo Jag said:

thistle have only brought him in as we are skint, paying him in sweets and wrestling figures.

can’t wait for the obligatory interview where he tells us thistles always been part of his life

yawn

Lol wut?

1 hour ago, El Gringo Jag said:

yawn

Give it a rest, your patter is chronic.

Most of the post-Falkirk updates now in place, including a decent highlights package.

The Thistle Archive →

:detective:  HARD TO WIN vs. McGLYNN

● At the time of writing, Thistle have more connections with Falkirk (148) than with any other club. Unfortunately, one of them (Ross MacIver) comes back to haunt us with the opening goal.
Kris Doolan's Jags trail at half-time for the first time ever. You need to rewind to the 4th February 2023 to find the last such occurrence, when Thistle were behind by one goal to nil at home to Cove Rangers.
● In a second consecutive game at Firhill an opponent is sent-off.
● The prolific Brian Graham scores in a 4th consecutive game at Firhill.
James Lyon scores his first competitive goal for Thistle to rescue a precious point in stoppage time.
● Isolating the query to a reasonable 10 competitive games minimum, John McGlynn remains in the all-time Top 20 opposition managers in terms of points-per-game. It's highly impressive when you consider he's achieved that with clubs such as Raith Rovers and Falkirk. Thistle have registered just 3 wins in 19 against McGlynn, resulting in a paltry ratio of 0.789 ppg.

ongoing sequences:
● 9 competitive home games without defeat; 4th Mar 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 13 games; 19th Jan 2013 to 27th Aug 2013. Club-record: 24 games; 5th May 2001 to 17th Aug 2002.)
● 31 consecutive competitive appearances for Aidan Fitzpatrick, 3rd Dec 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: Jack McMillan - 52 games, 9th Jul 2022 to 4th Jun 2023. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

5 minutes ago, Maine said:

Seen that Jack Hendry is linked with a move to Saudi Arabia, are we due any sort of development fee for that, I can never remember the rules these days. 

If he's transferred for a fee while under contract then the solidarity payment is 5%, we'd be on maybe a tenth of that 5% as he was only with us for a year or so.

I've no idea what the rumoured fee is but if it was £1m then we'd get maybe £5k of the £1m. Hopefully it's £100m but I don't think even the Saudis are that carefree with the dosh.

Edited by Fuctifano

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

If he's transferred for a fee while under contract then the solidarity payment is 5%, we'd be on maybe a tenth of that 5% as he was only with us for a year or so.

I've no idea what the rumoured fee is but if it was £1m then we'd get maybe £5k of the £1m. Hopefully it's £100m.

You wont get anything. He's 28.

12 minutes ago, RedEd said:

You wont get anything. He's 28.

you're thinking of training compensation which is for out of contract players up til the age of 23.

There are more detailed articles but this one explains it relatively well

Edit: I'm still a bit unsure on some things on the training compensation, especially as there appear to be exceptions for moves between EU countries which I'm guessing we no longer fall under post- Brexit. Also not sure how exactly solidarity payments are broken down, if someone spends a month on loan at a club is that enough for them or do they have to spend a full year?

I'm sad enough that if someone had an entry level explainer or podcast then I'd listen to it. I'd have thought folk that play FM know this sort of stuff inside out but I gave up on that a few years ago.

Edited by Fuctifano

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s not how solidarity payments work.

I see what you mean. I'm too used to our players moving on at the end of a contract rather than being transferred.

We only had Hendry for just over a year, is that right? Released by Dundee United, we picked him up, hmgave him a few games a year later due to lack of transfer activity / defensive injuries and suspensions - formed a good partnership with Lindsay for 3 games and got sold?

He’s done well for himself, but in all pretty good business for us regardless. Silly United. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

I've no idea what the rumoured fee is but if it was £1m then we'd get maybe £5k of the £1m. Hopefully it's £100m but I don't think even the Saudis are that carefree with the dosh.

Fees rumoured as being between £6.5m and £7m.

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If those (fucking mental for Jack Hendry) figures are correct, we’d be looking at between 32.5k and 35k

Burnley just paid ~£19mill for a 20 year old goalkeeper who has never played higher than English League One.

£7mill isnt that mental in comparison for an established international defender with Champions League experience who is, in theory, coming into his prime.

11 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

We only had Hendry for just over a year, is that right? Released by Dundee United, we picked him up, hmgave him a few games a year later due to lack of transfer activity / defensive injuries and suspensions - formed a good partnership with Lindsay for 3 games and got sold?

He’s done well for himself, but in all pretty good business for us regardless. Silly United. 

Silly MP. You are getting your Dundee teams mixed up. 

Which means United are due a similar slice of the pie as they had him for a year before us (transfermarkt). 

If anyone knows how to get a Saudi club to chuck a few million at Preston for Liam Lindsay that would be great as we're onto a bigger proportion there.