The Partick Thistle thread

Hopefully all the paperwork is up to date 🤔🤣

Happy with that, a good experienced midfielder. 

Lambie style, day of the game signing too. Reminds me of when we bought Calum Campbell from Airdrie and we played Clydebank on the first game of the season, 89/90(?) The big man scored in a 2 - 1 win.

36 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Hopefully all the paperwork is up to date 🤔🤣

Happy with that, a good experienced midfielder. 

Lambie style, day of the game signing too. Reminds me of when we bought Calum Campbell from Airdrie and we played Clydebank on the first game of the season, 89/90(?) The big man scored in a 2 - 1 win.

Aye, remember the golden Lambie days, pre-Bosman and internet, turn up on Saturday and a complete stranger playing in midfield, would take half match to work out who it was!

Apart from his second spell at Falkirk, where I believe he was hopeless, I think Alston has always been a very steady player so quite pleased with that signing. Completely out of the blue though.

Glad we got through. I think the difference in prize money is about 23 grand even if (when) we lose in the next round, plus whatever we get from the additional game itself. Good way towards another new player.

3 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Who are the teams we could potentially get in the next round? 

OF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen plus the three best group winners which I think are Airdrie, Motherwell and Ayr. 

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Apart from his second spell at Falkirk, where I believe he was hopeless, I think Alston has always been a very steady player so quite pleased with that signing. Completely out of the blue though.

Glad we got through. I think the difference in prize money is about 23 grand even if (when) we lose in the next round, plus whatever we get from the additional game itself. Good way towards another new player.

OF, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen plus the three best group winners which I think are Airdrie, Motherwell and Ayr. 

That's not bad as you get a decent split of the gate as well as a potential TV gate if we get the OF.

Slight worry about Alston that it leaves our midfield a bit powderpuff but he's probably decent at this level still. 

I'd probably cash in the chips and take the money draw at this stage but if we get one of the other championship sides then fair enough. 

Anyone else have those players you just assume will play for us at some stage based an absolutely nothing?

Alston one of those for me, so quite happy at it. Was the same for Danny Mullen, although he might have been cause he was class on FM for me for Thistle a couple years ago.

Paul McMullan and Eamon Brophy next on the list of guys I assume will be a Jag at some point down the line.

1 hour ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Any idea who? 

The boys on the Draw Lose or Draw podcast seemed to think someone who was at Dundee Utd last season had been training with us but obviously wouldn’t name him. 

Would personally like the midfielder to be McInroy but no idea if that’s likely.

Edited by JagsCG

1 minute ago, JagsCG said:

The boys on the Draw Lose or Draw podcast seemed to think someone who was at Dundee Utd last season had been training with us but obviously wouldn’t name him. 

Would personally like the midfielder to be McInroy but no idea if that’s likely.

Sounded like they were talking about mulgrew. Surely no way we could afford his wages though. 

2 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Sounded like they were talking about mulgrew. Surely no way we could afford his wages though. 

A no from me.

Was apparently one of the guys responsible for that team downing tools for not one, but two, managers last season.

Type of guy who'd think he was doing us a favour and by the sounds of could be a poor influence on a youngish squad with an inexperienced manager.

4 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

He’d need to take a hefty wage cut from whatever United were paying him for sure. Also 37 and off the back of a really poor season, maybe a bit of a gamble. 

No chance we’re signing Mulgrew, surely. He’s almost the direct antithesis of what we’re looking to bring in.

Kerr McInroy would be a great signing though. Hasn’t played at all for Killie in the league cup so could definitely see him being away from them. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow