The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Exactly what part did he play in creating a cohesive attacking unit and how many goals exactly did anyone other than out three central defenders, Crawford and Oakley score in the last six months? Crawford might  be fine if you want the same old sterile shite I suppose, I prefer something rather more positive.

In the games when we performed at our best I thought Crawford played a major role with and without the ball. He was one of several players who were transformed under Dougie, therefore as the new club signing them I’d be concerned that they don’t go back to what they were pre-Dougie.

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Exactly what part did he play in creating a cohesive attacking unit and how many goals exactly did anyone other than out three central defenders, Crawford and Oakley score in the last six months? Crawford might  be fine if you want the same old sterile shite I suppose, I prefer something rather more positive.

I wish we had more positive fans like you.

Doolan doesn’t strike me as the type of coach to do what Dougie can do re motivating players. I could be wrong of course but he comes across as quite laid back compared to Dougie, bordering on relying on funding to build the team he needs, rather than putting in the hard yards.

6 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Doolan doesn’t strike me as the type of coach to do what Dougie can do re motivating players. I could be wrong of course but he comes across as quite laid back compared to Dougie, bordering on relying on funding to build the team he needs, rather than putting in the hard yards.

An unsurprisingly absurd take from one of the forum’s resident dimwits.

15 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Am hearing (Greenock Telegraph) that we have made a decent bid for Oakley ...if true could be massive for us ....and a kick in the Chinos for others. 

39 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I'll counter that with two words ..... Luke and McBeth .

5 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Am hearing (Greenock Telegraph) that we have made a decent bid for Oakley ...if true could be massive for us ....and a kick in the Chinos for others. 

On 10/05/2024 at 15:05, oneteaminglasgow said:

7 hours ago, Branch Ton said:

Hardly. You could train a monkey to do what Crawford did for the back end of last season and the monkey could probably do it better. Oakley is a better bet but he has been around a while and not done much until Imrie took him in hand. No doubt though Graham can coach him on how to be a complete twat 

2WxWfiavndgcM.gif

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Yeah. With all the millions he spent in rebuilding the squad this season, we should have romped the Championship!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

image.png.b0933ed5ea410f40c3b2260bd8ca0155.png

image.png.35654151149abc14bcc8d466156fadcf.png

image.png.64d9d89ad4705aa76cceffbd7a79cbf5.png

image.png.e8bb6f4d544b29c3d8bd39bc464cabf7.png

edit: can't stress it enough but we lost Kevin Holt, Kyle Turner and Ross Docherty from last season - replaced them with Wasiri Williams, Lewis Neilson on loan and latterly Luke McBeth (from Glenafton, albeit he looks like the Terminator at the back a lot of the time, absolute machine & could be a brilliant find given how quickly he's adjusted to full time football already), Kerr McInroy on loan, Blair Alston on a free, Scott Robinson and Adeloye on loan. Ngwenya is another in on loan.

I really don't think we can be accused of relying on funding/spending particularly heavy this season tbh, would have been a bit of a heavy risk to take given Utd were always going to be hard to properly compete with at the top & we needed to fix the mess we were in with Low eating up all of our cash reserves.

Doolan's had some flaws with the occasional team selection/substitutions (in my opinion and sometimes just with hindsight, Livi cup game the side we had out for extra time had some questionable choices, think that game Diack was wide right and it just didn't really work, but with injuries & maybe due to us missing out on some transfer targets it's been square pegs in round holes) but there's not been many games where the players have looked like they've chucked it.

Was some really rancid mid season form right enough from us, think after January we went a good few weeks without a win but mercifully the team was able to sort it eventually.

Largely that was around the time Mitchell was still frozen out, once he came back in that played a big part in stopping the rot, so Doolan to his credit might have had to swallow a bit of pride on that score & admit that Sneddon needed dropped. You can't always legislate for a keeper going through a sudden catastrophic drop in form & killing the defences confidence imo.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Whilst it's vaguely amusing to sign up Morton's best players as squad fodder, I think Diack is a good enough Championship player just now for another striker to be very low on our list of transfer priorities. A 3rd choice striker is something that can be left as a late-August loan deal while we prioritise the return of international football sensation, Stephen O'Donnell.

12 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

You’re a total clown who clearly has no idea what Doolan’s best attributes are as a manager.

9 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Whilst it's vaguely amusing to sign up Morton's best players as squad fodder, I think Diack is a good enough Championship player just now for another striker to be very low on our list of transfer priorities. A 3rd choice striker is something that can be left as a late-August loan deal while we prioritise the return of international football sensation, Stephen O'Donnell.

I’d like to see Diack spend the first half season on loan to a decent League 1 team - see how he handles regular game time and responsibility. The focus should be seeing whether he can ultimately replace Graham when he inevitably starts to decline a bit. 

The handling of Diack next season will be an interesting test of Doolan's management skills but there'd be risks and benefits on whatever plan he goes with.

He might stay with the first-team and spot in for Graham or even a wide attacking position.

Downside is he may not get the minutes he needs to develop.

Going out on loan is potentially the best way to get him game-time.

That depends on the team and league he goes out to.

A decent part-time outfit would potentially give him starts and also the chance to train with the first team through the week.

He's only turned 19 but it is still an important season for Ricco.

I hope the manager sets him on the right path.

I'd probably go for the loan option but then you get into what club?