CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Think that David Douglas got a wee bit carried away like.

'One of the best young players in Scotland'

:lol:

TBF he was one of most promising players in our youths and was close to breaking through before his release. It was purely his attitude an actions that let him down.

Proving my point from a few days ago. Fud.

Your point a few days ago was utter nonsense as it had never happened before. Not once.

I think Easton is a good player. I've said so many times. One of the best young players in Scotland though??? Maybe he'll break into the under 21 squad this season...

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Can see why we re-signed Scott McLaughlin.

Perfect for the defensive side of midfield to let the like of Flynn and Easton get forward.

Still need a striker in though, Higgins and Gormley will not get enough goals between them.

Well chuffed with Easton's signing. I think we may go up as champions this year.

Has there been an injection of cash recently? We've went from a £50000 deficit to signing some of the best players at this level over a few months.

Barry not targeting another striker, me thinks a 4231 or 4411 with Easton off the striker.

Gibson

McNeil Smith McNiff Lowdon

Ferguson McLaughlin Flynn Linton

Easton

Gormley/Higgins/Gemmell

Or

Gibson

McNeil Smith McNiff Lowdon

McLaughlin Flynn

Ferguson Easton Linton

One of above strikers

Oh yes. Would imagine Johnson in place of Fergie until he's fully fit again. Hopefully a time scale for that is revealed soon so we all can work towards that as he's a key part of the squad.

Really good signing, always does well against us, could and should be playing at a higher level, maybe attitude problems or maybe he has a decent job out off football, sometimes part time football and a good job makes more sense than your mortons, dunfermlines.....

Has he said we aren't targeting another striker?

"Barry also commented that his next priorities in terms of the squad were a central defender and a goalkeeper and that he would be continuing to work hard to fill those positions."

Cheers. Not saying we won't sign one then, just that it's not top priority. We may also already have one signed up behind the scenes (JG?) so that'd be why it's not his top priority?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa (R)

Well chuffed with Easton's signing. I think we may go up as champions this year.

Has there been an injection of cash recently? We've went from a £50000 deficit to signing some of the best players at this level over a few months.

The generations shirt made about £24k and the executive membership thing that they did also brought in a similar amount so I think the deficit has more or less been cleared.