Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

"Sexual touching" and "sexual coercion" still rely on subjective assessment, so no.

If you can't see that the definitions of those crimes are far less subjective than the Offensive Behaviour Act there is no hope for you.

You're also mixing up 'in public' and 'outdoors'. If you were talking about an empty street you might have more of a leg to stand on but I'm not convinced an empty field would satisfy the public element requirement. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

If you can't see that the definitions of those crimes are far less subjective than the Offensive Behaviour Act there is no hope for you.

I didn't say they were more or less subjective than the OBA so there must be hope for me yet.

5 minutes ago, The OP said:

You're also mixing up 'in public' and 'outdoors'. If you were talking about an empty street you might have more of a leg to stand on but I'm not convinced an empty field would satisfy the public element requirement. 

Either way, the public do not need to witness a breach of the peace for one to be committed.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

I didn't say they were more or less subjective than the OBA so there must be hope for me yet.

Either way, the public do not need to witness a breach of the peace for one to be committed.

While we're discussing all of this, you are aware that BOP has often been viewed as shit law which the criminal justice system uses as a convenient excuse to prosecute any behaviours it feels 'ought' to be illegal? I don't see that the inherent vagueness of BOP helps justify another vague law penalising behaviours which are even less harmful in a specific circumstance where a public element will always be present anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

This is subjective and indicates bias.

No it's not. Threatening severe alarm and serious disturbance to the community are of a greater order than potentially causing offence. If they left out the 'offensive' catch-all and just left in the stuff about stirring up hatred or being threatening there might be more justification for this Act. Unfortunately the catch-all is there and so it is one of the most uncertain and liberty-restricting laws around. 

Edited by The OP

1 minute ago, The OP said:

No it's not. Threatening severe alarm and serious disturbance to the community are of a lesser order than potentially causing offence. If they left out the 'offensive' catch-all and just left in the stuff about stirring up hatred or being threatening there might be more justification for this Act. Unfortunately the catch-all is there and so it is one of the most uncertain and liberty-restricting laws around. 

Until you leave Ibrox and get done for breach of the peace instead.

Hasn't backfired yet champ.  What's funny is watching bigots like you acting all persecuted cause you can't sing about killing catholics anymore.

Much more interested in what’s happening on the Park Pep, it’s mental that any spectator sport should actually require an ‘offensive behaviour’ act!![emoji47]

Jesus, how hard is it to understand that the arresting officer has to make a decision on the offender's behaviour.  You can be arrested for breach of the peace when there isn't a soul in sight and in a thirty acre field, ffs. You act as if this is something new and unreasonable.

You made a James Hunt of yourself. Just hold your hands up and you’ll come away with some semblance of credibility...

2 minutes ago, Jasmine15 said:

Hi! I am currently a student at Edinburgh Napier University and I am looking for some participants to take part in research for my undergraduate honours project. The research is called ‘The Discourse of ‘Football Hooliganism’ in Contemporary Scotland’. It mainly an investigation into how fans are being criminalised for singing songs and using words ,now that physical violence is few and far between. If you are interested in taking part in this study you will be asked to complete a short interview via Facebook. The interview will take no longer than an hour and will cover topics such as the role of the police, the effects of the media and the influence of politicians. Any information you provide will be anonymised and kept confidential.

If you wish to take part or have any questions regarding this research. Please contact me at 40168340@live.napier.ac.uk, On Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jasmine.sim.9421   or by private message here.

Thanks

5 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Purely the fault of the bigotry of your club and it's supporters.

4 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Aye, the angry wee gnomes of the GB have never fallen foul of the OB@FA.
They would never protest against its legislative power either eh?

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You made a James Hunt of yourself. Just hold your hands up and you’ll come away with some semblance of credibility...

British nationalism is the very worst kind, akin to German nationalism in the 1930s.

Sigh. This is clearly bollocks to any sane person. I'm not overly keen on any "nationalism" but if you think there is a parallel between the dawn of the Third Reich and Britain in 2018 you need therapy.