Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

British nationalism is the very worst kind, akin to German nationalism in the 1930s.

One of the many irritating things about Donald Trumps Presidency is that it’s wiped Godwin’s law clear from the internet

But even ignoring the Nazi comparison ranking the British version top (or bottom) of the hundreds of types of nationalism out there is stretching hyperbole a little too far.

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Sigh. This is clearly bollocks to any sane person. I'm not overly keen on any "nationalism" but if you think there is a parallel between the dawn of the Third Reich and Britain in 2018 you need therapy.

Translation: “my nationalism is not to be sullied by the same name given to those detractors of the glorious U.K. state. Rule Britannia.”

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

One of the many irritating things about Donald Trumps Presidency is that it’s wiped Godwin’s law clear from the internet

But even ignoring the Nazi comparison ranking the British version top (or bottom) of the hundreds of types of nationalism out there is stretching hyperbole a little too far.

Tbf British nationalism has seen us invade 95% of the world's landmass and kill tens of millions of people.

Edited by Peppino Impastato

20 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Sad day for Scotland.  The unionists are damaging Scottish society to score points off the SNP.  The only people happy about this are bigots.

16 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Well as long as Labour gets the votes of grateful bigots and the SNP gets a bloody nose that's all that matters. What a pitiful state of affairs.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

A big well done to all the fannies who decided to vote for the Greens as well. 

Get it right fucking up yous 8)

Not a clue about what the act was about, how innefective it was or the abhorrent way police abused its powers and harrased people ruining lives. 

Just keep swallowing the bullshit, SNP fed propoganda from them and utter weapons like Wings Over Scotland about it being an anti sectarian law that tackled bigotry, facts are is wasnt and it didnt.

Sectarianism is a historic societal problem in Scotland that wasnt going to be solved or even helped by this brutal legislation. 

Fact is, and it is FACT, the Scottish government railroaded this horrendous bill through in 2011 on the back of the bullets and bombs being sent to Neil Lennon to make it LOOK to the non football attending public they were tough on 'Scotlands Shame', and many of your type, those who hate Celtic and Rangers supported it purely as it was seen as one in the eye for the Old Firm.

Thankfully it has been voted out and will shortly be consigned to the history books. 

Oh and p.s, if I havent already mentioned it.

Get it fucking round you :whistle

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

A big well done to all the fannies who decided to vote for the Greens as well. 

Yeah they've turned out to be utter arsewipes too.  Probably opposed it on some pretentious civil liberties and freedom of speech grounds without realising what utter fannies they are.  Lost all respect for them when harvie said recently he wanted a fully funded across the board 3% pay rise for all public servants.  When asked how he would pay for it he replied pfft that's the SNPs job.  Arsewipe and total amateur hour.

The unionist parties would literally burn Scotland to the ground to keep it governed from London. Obfa was supported by 80% of the population.  The next target will be named persons, despite it being supported by every single children's charity in the country.  If they succeed vulnerable children will literally die who otherwise wouldn't have, all so they can score points off the SNP.  Disgusting.

The SNP were the first people in decades to actually attempt to do something about Scotland's sectarian problem, they took a brave and noble stance to try to improve our society knowing it would be electorally damaging as it pisses off old firm fans and going into a referendum too they still did it.  The unionists want to take us back to the bad old days practicing pure colonialism through divide and rule.  Witness the sectarian dog whistling of cretins like Ruth Davidson and Murdoch Fraser.  Vile.

Make no mistake, what has been achieved today is simply utter scumbags like Adam Tompkins literally punching the air with delight that people this weekend will feel free to sing about how much they hate catholics

If and when we have indyref2, if we lose it the SNP should resign en mass and say OK labour and conservatives you can govern the country let people see what an utter shambles it would be, let people actually get what they wish for.  No more protecting them from Westminster austerity.  Sad sad day for Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Not a clue about what the act was about, how innefective it was or the abhorrent way police abused its powers and harrased people ruining lives. 

Just keep swallowing the bullshit, SNP fed propoganda from them and utter weapons like Wings Over Scotland about it being an anti sectarian law that tackled bigotry, facts are is wasnt and it didnt.

Sectarianism is a historic societal problem in Scotland that wasnt going to be solved or even helped by this brutal legislation. 

Fact is, and it is FACT, the Scottish government railroaded this horrendous bill through in 2011 on the back of the bullets and bombs being sent to Neil Lennon to make it LOOK to the non football attending public they were tough on 'Scotlands Shame', and many of your type, those who hate Celtic and Rangers supported it purely as it was seen as one in the eye for the Old Firm.

Thankfully it has been voted out and will shortly be consigned to the history books. 

Supported by 80% of the country you absolute cretin.  On ignore.

6 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Post just confirms that today was about nothing other than gaining the support of knuckledraggers across the country.

1 minute ago, Rodhull said:

Post just confirms that today was about nothing other than gaining the support of knuckledraggers across the country.

Yup.  That's the real ulsterisation of Scottish politics.  Unionists uniting to damage the SNP, if it damages Scottish society so be it.  Incredible story today about thirty thousand books by Scottish authors being pulped.  Along with Scottish products being rebranded as British.  Operation wipe Scotland off the map well underway.

I don't have particularly strong feelings either way regards OBFA, but I would prefer if its parliamentary opponents donated half as much time to detailing a serious plan for tackling sectarianism and bigotry in Scotland as they do grandstanding on the airwaves and social media about opposing the Act. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't have particularly strong feelings either way regards OBFA, but I would prefer if its parliamentary opponents donated half as much time to detailing a serious plan for tackling sectarianism and bigotry in Scotland as they do grandstanding on the airwaves and social media about opposing the Act. 

Yup if there was even the slightest hint of a planned alternative to improve things, even if it was very early stages I wouldn't feel so bad. This was essentially a vote to do nothing. The Scottish Labour party don't have the politicians to come up with answers to anything and the Ruth Davidson party of no referendum and no surrender won't want to do anything to outrage the base they've cultivated in recent years.

14 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Sectarianism and religious bigotry  are way overblown as issues in this day and age. Apart from being called a ****** b*****d at my non-denom school (and that was more of a matey slagging) it really has not impacted on my life in any way shape or form.

The SNP treated a game where tempers spilled over like some games do like it was the London riots. If anything, I think the anti-establishment GB are clinging to the rebs more strongly as a result.

Edited by The OP

31 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Too thick, too illiterate; didn't bother reading.