Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

8 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

The first reading of the repeal has gone through, it's not off the books yet. 

So the police chose not to apply the law? Or were they told not to?

Edited by Ross.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Everybody's seen folk doing Nazi salutes before 2007.  Calling it a red-hand of ulster salute is the new bit.

You've made your mind up, and you've decided that as well as being anti-catholic (which I accept), that these Rangers supporters are also, anti-muslim, anti-jewish, etc etc...my mind is made up that you have the wrong end of the stick

1 minute ago, ONeils40yarder said:

You've made your mind up, and you've decided that as well as being anti-catholic (which I accept), that these Rangers supporters are also, anti-muslim, anti-jewish, etc etc...my mind is made up that you have the wrong end of the stick

Hah.  Those Rangers supporters didn't start Nazi-saluting Jewish folk for no good reason.

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

"You should probably direct that question to the police. "

You were the one who made the claim that " the signal to the police was to not bother since the OBFA is getting repealed ".

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Is that not an acceptable answer now that it's not yours?

I think it is perfectly acceptable. It sums up completely that you know you are wrong on this and cannot back up your argument.

3 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Everyone on this thread needs to get their hole

You offering?

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Is that what it meant when you used it?

It fitted perfectly within the context of my line of argument. It doesn't really back up yours.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

It fitted perfectly within the context of my line of argument. It doesn't really back up yours.

Pish.  I'm clear that I think the police have been influenced by the vote to repeal the OBFA, you're offering no answers whatsoever.  Like every critic of the act, you're quick to condemn it but fail to provide anything to improve or replace it. 

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

Pish.  I'm clear that I think the police have been influenced by the vote to repeal the OBFA, you're offering no answers whatsoever.  Like every critic of the act, you're quick to condemn it but fail to provide anything to improve or replace it. 

Applying existing laws would be a start. Education on the subject matter would help. Accepting that bigotry in Scotland is not the sole reserve of "West of Scotland" football fans would also help. For whatever reasons, anti Irish and anti Catholic bigotry has been part and parcel of Scottish culture for a very long time. Sure, for many, football is their favourite way to express it, but taking them away from football won't change their views.

Just now, Ross. said:

Accepting that bigotry in Scotland is not the sole reserve of "West of Scotland" football fans would also help.

It's the greatest part of it.  I remember an anti-sectarian initiative years ago that targeted schools in Dumfries, Brechin and Inverness and thinking "what a waste of fucking money".  Any anti-sectarian initiative that doesn't concentrate on the West is a waste of time and money because that's where the real problems are.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Applying existing laws would be a start.

They didn't before the act, there's no reason to believe they will after the act.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

For whatever reasons, anti Irish and anti Catholic bigotry has been part and parcel of Scottish culture for a very long time.

Barely anyone gives a f**k outside of weegie-land. 

[Don't care as long as it doesn't punish Celtic fans coz they're great]

Is always the only answer given.

On 13/03/2018 at 13:54, Baxter Parp said:

How would you have dealt with the fascist march on match day? Which laws would you have used?

I'm sorry, I'm no fan of the Union Bears, but "fascist" march? :lol:

What do you think is their end game, overthrowing the government and running things themselves, or are they in fact a bunch of 17 year old kiddy on ultras who just want to imitate what's going on all across Europe before derby matches?