Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye its a pure doddle to arrest a stand full of supporters, theres absolutely no risk that’ll result in a riot.

It's a "tiny minority" remember, shouldn't be too hard to weed them out...

Whether the term was ‘entirely innocent,’ or otherwise, things grow in to other things, the term ‘black b*****d,’ is quite clearly a racist term, no matter if it was originally ‘entirely innocent,’ or not. Luckily it’s not the 1980’s in all of Scotland. 
It's only racist if used in a racist context. It's not racist when used in places like Ayrshire towards a white person who is a black b*****d.

4 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Bit of a strange hill to die on Craig. 

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not really dying on the hill, just calling out a disingenuous argument.

Have any other P&Brs died on a strange hill or called out a disingenuous argument?

Just now, ali_91 said:

It’s racist everywhere. That your shire is still stuck in the 1980’s doesn’t mean it’s not racist there ffs. 

Why would it be racist? It's not something I tend to say because it might be mistaken for having racist connotations, but the phrase is fundamentally not racist.

Just now, ali_91 said:

Because the phrase ‘black b*****d,’ has for decades been used by white people in a derogatory way towards black people. White people can’t use that phrase without it, rightly or wrongly, being heavily associated with racism and anti-black sentiment. 

The phrase might be associated with racism (hence why I said I don't use it), but it is not racist in the context being described here, given that it has absolutely nothing to do with race.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

Based on the origin of the term described by people who weren’t alive when the term became commonplace. I’d be very surprised if nobody who used that term used it because of the racist meaning behind it. 

This is word salad. People who call Ayr United "black b*****ds" are clearly not using it in a racist sense, which is the only point of this whole discussion.

5 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

‘Scotland fans sang ‘We hate Jimmy Hill, he’s a poof.’ I assume thats fine because Jimmy Hill was a straight, married man? 

That's clearly homophobic.

This has nothing to do with race though as it's just one Scottish person saying another Scottish person has poor hygiene or housekeeping.