Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Christ, don't say that on SteelmenOnline.

Just wait until I post on there that he had chips with the dinner twice last week!  

If nothing else Thomas' loan gets him away from the club which can only be good for him at this point as that cycle of sitting on the bench, playing for the 20s, getting 10 mins and showing nothing wasn't doing anyone any good. As others have said he should probably have been loaned out a year or two ago. The sub appearance against Aberdeen the other week really did seem like a last chance to show it'd be worth keeping him around and he made zero impact.

He's still got a year and a half on his deal so it's absolutely up to him what he does from here on in. It's a question of whether he wants it enough.

For me Jake Hastie looks far more like the sort of player McGhee wants in a side in terms of height, build and directness. The fact that he has end product and goals to his game sets him apart further from Thomas.

54 minutes ago, BigTamMuller said:

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/football/motherwell-fc/mcghee-i-don-t-expect-louis-laing-to-return-1-4331993

In other news there's McGhee saying he doesn't expect Laing will be back with us after his loan at Notts County is done - says 1 or 2 teams interested in him.

No real surprise about Laing other than the fact there are a couple of sides interested. I'd have thought it'd be a bit of a struggle to find a team to take him on since from the sound of things his loan at County has been pretty underwhelming. They're 22nd in the league, have just sacked their manager and are binning all the players they had on loan.

Quite curious to see who's into taking him tbh. Who knows maybe Robinson and Baraclough will do us a favour.

I love Louis Moult, don't get me wrong, but there's more chance of him going to Hamilton Palace than Crystal Palace.  

Someone must have owed his agent a huge fucking favour for that story to get published.