Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Not from the club no. Not a peep.

However my nephew messaged him on social media about a week ago and he said he was hoping to be back mid February. 

That’s good news. Much sooner than I thought after the video he posted on IG around New Year when he could hardly walk. Hopefully he picks up where he left off to give us another option and some much needed pace. 

23 minutes ago, dezz said:

That’s good news. Much sooner than I thought after the video he posted on IG around New Year when he could hardly walk. Hopefully he picks up where he left off to give us another option and some much needed pace. 

Mid February likely to be back in training …. … be lucky if we see him back this season 

On the subject of Johnston being OOC, here's the contract situation for the squad as it stands:

2023: O'Donnell, Carroll, McGinn, Johnston, Cornelius, Goss, Efford, Mandron
2024: Kelly, Oxborough, Lamie, Mugabi, Johansen, McGinley, Maguire, Spittal, Slattery, Van Veen, Morris, Shields
2025: Blaney, Tierney, Miller,

Loans expiring 2023: McKinstry (Leeds United - 2023), Crankshaw (Stockport County - 2024)

8 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

The fact we gave Morris a 2 year contract is mental.

It hasn't worked out but tbf, I don't think it was *that* mental.

We were asking him to mutually consent his deal with Salford to move so I guess we needed to show some sort of commitment.

He'd worked with Alexander, Lucketti and Daws before so was a known quantity. In fact he'd played more minutes for Alexander than any other coach he's worked with by some distance too. He's scored more goals for him than anyone else - Link.

I can't imagine Alexander and Lucketti being launched 5 mins after Morris was in the door has helped much tbh.

1559945478_Screenshot2023-01-22at17_50_12.thumb.png.af6afefeaaed426df9395ab84f50f68a.png

35 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

The fact we gave Morris a 2 year contract is mental.

Equally depressing that McGinley is here until 2024. By here I mean somewhere 🤷‍♂️.

Decent enough draw in the cup. Avoided any top flight sides and playing away from home seems to be better for us. 

A good draw for us. Got a wee soft spot for Raith, my first ever game was against them (5-0 win in ‘97).
Also had a good day out in Kirkcaldy last season watching them capitulate against Accies, drawing 4-4 after being 4-0 up with 20 mins to go, so wouldn’t mind a wee return.