Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

We've got 6 attacking options though.

All seemingly signed because they look like good footballers.

3 new attackers on the park and i dont think theyve taken anyone on once.

3 minutes ago, Al B said:

Yeah, pretty much working on my acceptance of relegation now. 6 months to get myself in the headpsace of any positives that might come with it (bit of variation of grounds to visit, different sides to play, actually having a title to play for), and avoid thinking about any negatives (Falkirk, getting relegated, potentially struggling even in a lower league, and...erm...Falkirk).

I always say it's not failure which kill clubs our size but apathy...I previously dreaded relegation because I thought it'd put the club at risk - that's clearly not the case right now. Whether or not we can rally the troops sufficiently, in our current malaise, however, is another question.

But ultimately I've supported Motherwell for nearly 40 years and never seen us chase a title, fight for promotion (and hopefully experience the joy of getting it!), turn up with a big expectant support attempting a 'giant'-killing etc. Christ we might even win the diddy cup or get a wee jaunt to Ireland out of it. 

The next five months will be absolutely grim but as bad as that seems it's not the end of the world and life goes on.

It's sad to say it because he's an absolute hero...probably one of the biggest, but Hammy has no idea what he's doing. For everyone's sake, let's just call it here and agree it didn't work. He doesn't trample his own name into the ground, and we can have a final chance at getting out of this shitshow.

Lose tonight and we need a change. Either Hammell accepts that or the board need to be brave. 

We’ve lost/failed to win umpteen “must win “ games v the our peer group in recent months. There is not a single team in the league we appear to be able to beat. 

Change it just now whilst there is still, incredibly, at least still a mathematical chance we could survive. 

Hammell not sacked but demoted to some role behind the scenes again with the youth. Pay out for someone and give us a chance to survive, I’m saying someone like Martindale would be a good fit to give us a spine. If we don’t change I’m resigned to relegation and accept our fate. Board need to take some blame too with the shambles at the back and one centre half that’s fit. 

13 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Lose tonight and we need a change. Either Hammell accepts that or the board need to be brave. 

We’ve lost/failed to win umpteen “must win “ games v the our peer group in recent months. There is not a single team in the league we appear to be able to beat. 

Change it just now whilst there is still, incredibly, at least still a mathematical chance we could survive. 

It will be mathematical up until GW36 probably, this league is that bad.

The decision making has been abysmal from players making a simple pass or doing the basics. To Hammy’s set up, tactics and inability to recruit the right players for the right positions. To the board and Flao for either allowing it or sanctioning some of what we’ve brought done on the transfer market.

We’ve created this happy clappy environment where we put charity stuff on our shirts and do the family shit stuff ad nauseam but it didn’t enhance the quality of managerial candidates and it’s not brought better quality players to basque in it.

Footballers are at their heart mercenaries and we’ve got the guys with one eye, wooden legs, PTSD and nae trigger finger. We’re the football equivalent of Russia going to the gulags to get cannon fodder for Ukraine.

We are gonna have the nicest pitch and facilities of any champo club though so that’s nice and another example fo our generosity.

Edited by Kapowzer

You know the run of winnable games we were looking forward to? You know, the 6 or so games against teams we might expect to beat sometimes? Well, we’ve not won any of them.

club legend or not, do one Stevie. Your time’s up. 

I am at the game and this is as bad as it has been all season. St Johnstone totally outplaying us. Yes a team that have lost 6 games in a row. 

We look clueless. We have been competitive in every game at Fir Park this season But not tonight.

Actually started 2nd half well but 1st St Johnstone attack leads to a goal as it often does. 

It may make no difference but I would get someone else in as Manager. Love Hammell but we need something to try and turn our fortunes around. Clearly the players are not good enough but you hope someone could get a tune out of them.

To do nothing after this performance is bordering on negligence. 

Aye, it's unfortunate, but I think it's time for Hammell to go. Pull the trigger. Not just tonight, but we had to come out swinging after the WC when we got a winnable run of games. Hasn't happened and tonight has to be the final straw.

Edited by eliphas