Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

39 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Don't wear your good togs. I reckon a drop of the sauce is in your clothes for life.

(They are class though)

Yes utmost care required. Always disheartening when you look down and your fawn suede converse are permanently scarred by what looks like a recently disembowelled small woodland creature...

52 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Said this in the match thread too but £26 for St Mirren fans is fucking shocking.

Don’t disagree, I had to pay that for my wife to attend the Killie match (considered sneaking her in on my free junior ticket but decided to play the game).  £20 seems right to me but the club need to balance the books, so an extra £6 from me and getting Joe to Eff off it is.

St Mirren charge £26 at their place too.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Said this in the match thread too but £26 for St Mirren fans is fucking shocking.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Don’t disagree, I had to pay that for my wife to attend the Killie match (considered sneaking her in on my free junior ticket but decided to play the game).  £20 seems right to me but the club need to balance the books, so an extra £6 from mue and getting Joe to Eff off it is.

St Mirren charge £26 at their place too.

Pricing across the board is absolutely fucked. Single purchases are bad enough but anyone wanting to take 2 young teens to virtually any ground in the league, as many obvs do, needs to find £50 minimum just to get them through the gate. Before travel and all the other expenses involved in attending a game, that's far too rich for an awfy lot of folk and pushing attendance beyond their means.

57 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Pricing across the board is absolutely fucked. Single purchases are bad enough but anyone wanting to take 2 young teens to virtually any ground in the league, as many obvs do, needs to find £50 minimum just to get them through the gate. Before travel and all the other expenses involved in attending a game, that's far too rich for an awfy lot of folk and pushing attendance beyond their means.

Agree completely . My boys are still in the junior category but even that adds up especially when travelling away at clubs who are clearly at it.  St Johnstone away has turned into a regular family day out , actually cheaper for me to get in with my boys than it is on my own , 19 quid for the 3 of us last time round I think . Counter that with Livi away skinning us £45. Absolutely mental! 

Not sure how we ended up losing that today. Did we do enough to win? Nah. But, quite astonishing that we didn't manage to get a point there on the balance of play. One of those days, poor as f**k defending for their goal.

Genuinely can't wait to see what this team can do at full strength. 

7 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Genuinely can't wait to see what this team can do at full strength. 

Who knows.. maybe better, maybe the extra threat going forward destabilises us and we're worse.

Re today, it happens. We shouldn't have lost obviously but that's the first in the balance game we've ended up with zero points from this season and if we maintain this ratio we'll be solid enough.

It's annoying that if only one marginal from four goes against you it's the one before an OF double-header as we go from being unbeaten to likely losing three on the spin. Ho hum.

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I dont disagree. But we charge our own fans £26 for the Cooper so its not like we are fleecing them.

If you take into account the price of a season ticket for that stand its £415. Even at 19 home games its still £22 a ticket.

I was thinking about Ibrox next week, but at £32, I think they can stick it......

We'll play worse than that this season and come away with 3pts etc etc.... . Thought there were so many good touches in the match , some of Spittal and Slat's interplay was sublime. SODS was immense in the first half and even thought Mugabe was pretty solid throughout.  I thought at half time we had missed a couple of chances that would come back to haunt us and unfortunately was proven right . 

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

If you take into account the price of a season ticket for that stand its £415. Even at 19 home games its still £22 a ticket.

There's a long list of things that will never happen but the rule about charging the equivalent price to away fans should be based on the price per game of STs. It's yet another way of screwing fans out a few quid.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

There's a long list of things that will never happen but the rule about charging the equivalent price to away fans should be based on the price per game of STs. It's yet another way of screwing fans out a few quid.

I cant agree with that.

If away fans got in for £22 there would be Motherwell fans paying more than them at the gate.

Season ticket holders should of course be rewarded for their commitment with a cheaper overall price.

I am for lowering prices overall though and I do think there should be much more consensus on cheap family deals as per St Johnstone.

We should be looking at maximising the overall revenue rather than ticket price in isolation.

I remember a few seasons ago there were reciprocal deals to opposing clubs season ticket holders for reduced prices. I cant remember which clubs were involved, but a figure of £10 is in my head.

That might not be the right pricepoint now, but the idea is worth exploring again. It would raise away attendances and we would make more from catering.

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I cant agree with that.

If away fans got in for £22 there would be Motherwell fans paying more than them at the gate.

And to me that's fine. They see the game and support their club financially.

But the number of Motherwell fans who will buy individual tickets is really low, essentially meaning all today's St M fans are being bumped 4 quid more than 90% of those at the opposite end.

All things being equal i'm sure the majority of clubs of equal standing would agree to this happily enough. However, the not even pretend secret is we all want to screw the OF fans for as much as we can so that'll never happen as a formal rule.

That said, I really don't see why we, St Mirren, Killie etc couldn't agree to do the decent thing among ourselves. We're happy enough to sacrifice money for morals on other issues, I'd be making this one of them.