Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Desp said:

When did Dundee Utd start playing in Coral & Anthracite😉

The kids who drew over that fella's arms would've done a better job at designing a training kit for us.

Ahahahaa I hadn't even seen that description. Coral and Anthracite. At least it's C&A. 😂

22 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Training kit is here and it is absolutely ganting and reeks of Dundee United.

00064646-3689-4e8a-be0e-aac16bc8054a.thumb.png.0ee3e79b1641e0a1cbe3529463453a80.png

Getting a cast-off training kit from serial relegation outfit Dundee Utd probably means this is our year.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Choosing to warm up in United taps is certainly a choice.

Anyway, has it not often been the case that our branding has hinted at the strips for the season?

Balmer-site_790x500_acf_cropped-1.jpg

Lemon-yellow and charcoal black it is.

We're the next Livi, aren't we?

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I never thought I'd say this but BRING BACK THE REVIEW OF THE SEASON. 

Next year's look back to this week alone is going to take HOURS.

Edited by StAndrew7

56 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

What was the old John Peel joke when he couldn't understand why his favourite song bombed in the charts? "Everyone I know has bought a copy." "No, John, you know everyone who has bought a copy."

I've never heard that quote before but that sums up a lot of what I think about people's opinions on the internet.

Strangley, the Kofi transfer is from the 1st July. That sounds to me that we are getting him on a "free" end of contract. Obviously since he's a youth prospect, we will be due to pay development fees, buy I doubt that will be in the range of £100k right?

Edited by Phillips455

6 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Lemon-yellow and charcoal black it is.

We're the next Livi, aren't we?

In that someone dodgy from abroad is trying to take you over and you'll be bust in 6 months? Other than that, no. People actually quite like Motherwell

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

In that someone dodgy from abroad is trying to take you over and you'll be bust in 6 months? Other than that, no. People actually quite like Motherwell

I'm all out of reactions for today, soz mate. But kudos.

24 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Choosing to warm up in United taps is certainly a choice.

Anyway, has it not often been the case that our branding has hinted at the strips for the season?

Balmer-site_790x500_acf_cropped-1.jpg

Certainly chimes with what I've heard.

16 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Strangley, the Kogi transfer is from the 1st July. That sounds to me that we are getting him on a "free" end of contract. Obviously since he's a youth prospect, we will be due to pay development fees, buy I doubt that will be in the range of £100k right?

Nah, he signed an extension last summer. https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/academy-prospects-sign-professional-contracts/

Seems he had another year to go but was apparently told he could leave this summer.

There's no contract info on his Transfermarkt or much by way of info from Palace's website however a bit of digging threw this up from earlier in the summer when St Mirren were reported as having an interest.

"Balmer is heading into the final year of his contract at  Selhurst Park and has been told that he can leave the club this summer."

Link

I'd imagine it'll be a deal similar to whatever we paid for Slattery from Southampton.

Also, the reports last week about our interest suggested we'd agreed a fee with Palace.

Edited by capt_oats

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Nah, he signed an extension last summer. https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/academy-prospects-sign-professional-contracts/

Seems he had another year to go but was apparently told he could leave this summer.

Seems strange that it's from 1st July though. Usually that's when a contract ends on the 30th June or they are signed around that time. 

Hopefully it will be worth it. This past seasons defence was atrocious and I'm still hoping for more than 3 clean sheets in a season.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Aye it's that one at M&Ds that fell apart mid ride a few years ago. 

If it's who I'm thinking of, I remember her very well.

1 minute ago, Al B said:

If it's who I'm thinking of, I remember her very well.

Darren Wood was upside down on her for 2 hours till he was rescued .... were you holding his slurpy?

11 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Darren Wood was upside down on her for 2 hours till he was rescued .... were you holding his slurpy?

I remember that.  The rescue was laborious from what I heard.

6 hours ago, steelmen said:

But that person shouldn't be Jim McMahon, Tom Feeley, or Douglas DIckie. Time is up gents, grab your lifetime season ticket and vacate the premises. 

I am hopeful this proposal will get the society into action and actually drive change at the club. we need fresh new blood to drive us forward.

I agree, which is why I recommended someone with financial savvy.