Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I paid the very reasonable £9.99 for the stream for the last Ibrox game but am I as well checking out hesgoal? 

Going along to this one tomorrow incognito at hospitality, so at least I will enjoy some free beer as I'm not holding out much hope of a result.

As far as streaming goes, I've seen a few games lately through iptv, but going by recent group chats with mates during games it seems that hesgoal has been patchy at best, and sometimes non-existant. Suppose it depends if you see any value in paying a tenner to watch us (most likely) get pumped.

Edited by 'WellDel

22 hours ago, ropy said:

I paid the very reasonable £9.99 for the stream for the last Ibrox game but am I as well checking out hesgoal? 

I paid the £9.99, sat through it all, the condescension at half time and the sorrow at full time, to be fair they agreed with the two offside decisions against Morelos.  I thought my mute had switched on when we scored the first.

Ross County (H) (weirdly not listed on the club website)

Dundee (H)

St Johnstone (A)

St Mirren (H)

Livingston (A)

A set of fixtures that could fill you with optimism or a massive dose of the fear based on how long you've watched Motherwell.

2 minutes ago, DeadStar said:

What about big Liam Kelly today but?

Must be sniffing about that Scotland squad again.

I am assume he is alternating with Clark, so it’s his turn again but is Marshall back getting a game?

49 minutes ago, ropy said:

I am assume he is alternating with Clark, so it’s his turn again but is Marshall back getting a game?

Appears to be warming the bench past few games, think he was the number 1 when Dieng was at the African Cup of Nations.

Came on at half time on Saturday though.

Outside of Kelly, we have chopped and changed at every position all season. Bevis maybe, but even that it could be in a couple of different positions.

I think there's a lot to be said for a combination of team spirit and witchcraft.

We should ask Nathan McGinley, apparently he's really clever.

3 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I have absolutely zero idea who our best XI is.

Just essentially said this in the match thread, its an enigma wrapped in a puzzle surrounded by a riddle.

As for Slattery:

• Celtic = 73' (seemed to take a knock also sitting on a yellow from 45')
  • St Johnstone = Benched, did not play
  • Livvy = Not in squad, yellow card suspension
  • Ross County = Benched, did not play
  • Morton = Subbed 14' (in extra time)
  • Hibs = Subbed 5'
  • Hearts = 90'
  • St Mirren = 74' (yellow at 34')
  • Celtic = 81'
  • Dundee Utd = 63' (yellow at 24')
  • Aberdeen = Benched, did not play
  • Aberdeen = Benched, did not play
  • Rangers = Benched, did not play (seemingly everyone else did however)

His starts seem to coincide with losses but while GA tended to point out links between Bevis at RB and wins and starts for Slattery and results at the AGM when pressed, maybe not an overly fair comparison. He did say he was working on him with his defensive input and building stamina.

But he's 23, trained 5 days a week since going pro years ago, played 90' pretty much consistently bar once up until the Celtic game in December. Maybe Alexander can see a link or major issue with him in his teams shape when we lose collerating with him starting but I've not seen much criticism of that part of his game by anyone on here.

Looking at the fringe players involvement previously who got or were on course for at least 45' today (Amulazor pulled for Sol at 2-2):

• Liam Shaw - 12' Aberdeen cup (before today 2 games ago), last 45' - Hearts away (6 games ago)
  • Justin Amulazor - 9' Hearts away (before today 6 games ago), last 45' - Dundee away (26 games ago)
  • Dean Cornelius - 6' Aberdeen cup (before today 2 games ago), last 45' - Celtic home (4 games ago)
  • Ross Tierney - 27' Dundee Utd away (before today 3 games ago), last 45' - Celtic home (4 games ago)

2 hours ago, ropy said:

Worth considering McLaughlin is the one constant in this equation which goes against the whole "playing regularly" trope.

Edited by Kapowzer