Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

When was the last time anyone was excited by GMS?

I've never rated him at any point in his career - absolute sand dancer and a shitebag - and the last type of player you need in a relegation scrap.

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

That time he took a dook in the river Kelvin?

That was honestly m thought. I don't mind him doing anything of note at Celtic, Aberdeen or Hearts. There will have been wee moments no doubt but oot his nut and nearly droonin was my thought.

A leader, we really fucking need a leader. This relegation fight will go right to the wire and our squad is so poor. We desperately need someone who can drag the levels of some of these donkeys from brutal to even mediocre to stand a fighting chance. 

There is not a single ounce of pleasure to be derived from watching this gang. We knew from the off that this season would be a rough ride, but fucking hell we are so, so bad.

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We really really need to beat Hibs.

That will be Hibs that have lost 7 of the 9 games they have played since beating us. Inc a home defeat v Ross County. 

I am extremely confident of shooting ourselves in the foot. Porteous will get a man sent off / a penalty / both. And with a wee cheeky grin thrown in for good measure 💩.

Next two games are crucial. Both at home to Hibs and Ross C. We need 4 points minimum imho. A win v Hibs and they are only 1 point ahead and we would have a game in hand. We could really bring them into the relegation equation. 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

That will be Hibs that have lost 7 of the 9 games they have played since beating us. Inc a home defeat v Ross County. 

I am extremely confident of shooting ourselves in the foot. Porteous will get a man sent off / a penalty / both. And with a wee cheeky grin thrown in for good measure 💩.

Next two games are crucial. Both at home to Hibs and Ross C. We need 4 points minimum imho. A win v Hibs and they are only 1 point ahead and we would have a game in hand. We could really bring them into the relegation equation. 

This

10 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

A leader, we really fucking need a leader. This relegation fight will go right to the wire and our squad is so poor. We desperately need someone who can drag the levels of some of these donkeys from brutal to even mediocre to stand a fighting chance. 

There is not a single ounce of pleasure to be derived from watching this gang. We knew from the off that this season would be a rough ride, but fucking hell we are so, so bad.

I totally agree regarding a Leader. I cannot see one on the pitch. 

To an extent I disagree about us being bad. Sure we are not good. But we were better than Killie and even Livi fans were saying we probably edged it today despite both teams being bad. 

I am clinging to the fact that we have been poor but then so are others. We are not losing to our peers and in some cases have been better. Things may not change and this will continue until we get bottom 2. Or we might just get a win and kick on. Fanciful maybe. But we hit the bar twice today and on another day one goes in.

What is that nurse ?  Time for my medicine 🤒😉

Edited by welldaft

I've no doubt that we are bad. The thing that makes me think we might just about survive is that the league is filled with teams who aren't very good.

I think winning in football is very habitual and we are very much out of that habit after winning 8 games in 2022.

The opportunity to build that habit back probably came with the run of games at the start of the season - starting with Sligo but we all know how that went. Who knows, the habit may have returned had we won the day we pumped Dundee Utd 0-0, or had we not collapsed at Rugby Park but it didn't.

We have a team devoid of leadership and creativity. We could probably "get away" with a few of these players in the team if they were supplemented with better players around them, but together they make a gutless, one paced team.

Today I was frustrated by us not even doing the basics right, so many slack passes, the ball going out of play with no pressure etc but the telling thing about the lack of leadership is that when this happens there's no reaction on the pitch, no one dragging standards up. That's needed big time. 

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

15 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I totally agree regarding a Leader. I cannot see one on the pitch. 

To an extent I disagree about us being bad. Sure we are not good. But we were better than Killie and even Livi fans were saying we probably edged it today despite both teams being bad. 

I am clinging to the fact that we have been poor but then so are others. We are not losing to our peers and in some cases have been better. Things may not change and this will continue until we get bottom 2. Or we might just get a win and kick on. Fanciful maybe. But we hit the bar twice today and on another day one goes in.

What is that nurse ?  Time for my medicine 🤒😉

I suppose you can look at things from different perspectives, the Killie game being a case in point. Yes, we looked the better side for a fair part of that game but then, when the chips were down after the red card, they found a bit of resolve and desire to fight back when they had nothing to lose. We, on the other hand, all too predictably lost our nerve and shat the bed. We're soft as shite, toothless in attack, and lacking someone to hold it all together when we need to dig in and fight for our lives. 

Although the teams around us may have similarly poor personnel, my worry is that it's our lack of guts and leadership that will ultimately be our downfall. That and Connor Shields continually getting a start, then blasting every opportunity he gets over the roof of the fucking stand.