Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

31 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Interesting on how you think we'll qualify

Lighten up Busta

Too much negativity on here.

A lot of people see the downside side of things. I do too occasionally. But it is not an attractive trait.

Until we are actually relegated I will remain stoic and positive. 

6 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Our form is virtually identical to the last two times we qualified, we're a stick on. Start making conflicting travel arrangements now.

Flao's twitter feed interspaced with transfer update demands and advising they've bought tickets to Havnar Boltfelag in the January sale so if 5th isn't done they want a full refund.

idk if this has been mentioned in the thread, but saw a rumor on Twitter and found this via Google;

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/scottish-club-prepares-january-transfer-7572679

" Scottish Premier League club Motherwell could be prepared to make a loan move for Hull City forward Tyler Smith in the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old has just three goals in 27 appearances for the Tigers and has reportedly falling down the pecking order at the MKM Stadium under manager Shota Arveladze.

Motherwell currently sit in fifth in the Scottish top-flight and seemingly want Smith to help them close the gap to the likes of Rangers and Celtic who currently top the table.

Posting to his Patreon, journalist Alan Nixon first reported the news as the Tigers sit mid-table in the Championship, having fallen from their lofty positions in the first few weeks of the season.

It was said that Barnsley also wanted Smith's services late on in the summer window but could put their bid in once the January window opens, challenging Motherwell for Smith.

Having only signed for Hull last summer, Smith will likely be sent on loan and could have plenty of options in the winter transfer window if he can't break into the first team before then. "

Ok, so the article is from September and say's we're fifth but it's a tenuous link to an unknown who sounds decent.

12 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

idk if this has been mentioned in the thread, but saw a rumor on Twitter and found this via Google;

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/scottish-club-prepares-january-transfer-7572679

" Scottish Premier League club Motherwell could be prepared to make a loan move for Hull City forward Tyler Smith in the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old has just three goals in 27 appearances for the Tigers and has reportedly falling down the pecking order at the MKM Stadium under manager Shota Arveladze.

Motherwell currently sit in fifth in the Scottish top-flight and seemingly want Smith to help them close the gap to the likes of Rangers and Celtic who currently top the table.

Posting to his Patreon, journalist Alan Nixon first reported the news as the Tigers sit mid-table in the Championship, having fallen from their lofty positions in the first few weeks of the season.

It was said that Barnsley also wanted Smith's services late on in the summer window but could put their bid in once the January window opens, challenging Motherwell for Smith.

Having only signed for Hull last summer, Smith will likely be sent on loan and could have plenty of options in the winter transfer window if he can't break into the first team before then. "

Ok, so the article is from September and say's we're fifth but it's a tenuous link to an unknown who sounds decent.

He seems to be playing fairly regularly in the Championship at the moment and scored 2 the other day against Wigan. Looks a complete non starter to me. 

I'm sure @capt_oats dropped this a while back, when his RSS feed pinged (they still a thing?) for all things Motherwell.

We may have been in the running if he stayed out form/contention but seems that he's turned good for them in the intervening 3 months so, put this firmly in the "coup for us" pile.

Question is do we alter the strategic acquisitions strategy to get us over the line in come May or still source based on long term value and resellabilty? Does sitting 11th change your direction much than if you're sitting 5th in this league? I doubt it. But we need some emergency sticky plasters.

4 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I'm sure @capt_oats dropped this a while back, when his RSS feed pinged (they still a thing?) for all things Motherwell.

We may have been in the running if he stayed out form/contention but seems that he's turned good for them in the intervening 3 months so, put this firmly in the "coup for us" pile.

giphy.gif

On 11/09/2022 at 11:41, capt_oats said:

This is via the bold Alan Nixon's Patreon.

Interesting in so much as Joey Efford is OOC next summer and it hasn't really happened for Connor Shields.

1630845516_Screenshot2023-01-07at09_12_05.thumb.png.e3926947da83932b14672cf33512dd03.png

Fwiw: the story with Smith seems to be that Hull are looking at loaning him out as they've got their eye on signing another forward.

Nixon re-upped the story a few days ago but I don't think we were one of the teams quoted - The72.co.uk lifted from Nixon's Patreon here.

474771089_Screenshot2023-01-07at09_04_42.thumb.png.e562af6ad658e62035aea444ea5cd37e.png

The last time we seem to have been mentioned is back in September.

1404279403_Screenshot2023-01-07at09_15_06.thumb.png.3dfa4e05077f21e3e8e79b071b78323d.png

Edited by capt_oats

14 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

You are reading my posts too drearily. I am cheerily suggesting we're rubbish.

I'd bite yer hand off for 11th right now.

I have said it before. I probably should stop posting late at night after a few 🥃……. At least I am a positive drunk 😛

To help avoid 11th or worse and damage limitation I am hoping to see Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen win today. With a draw between County and Livi or a Livi win. That would represent a good day before we probably make an arse of things tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

I have said it before. I probably should stop posting late at night after a few 🥃……. At least I am a positive drunk 😛

To help avoid 11th or worse and damage limitation I am hoping to see Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen win today. With a draw between County and Livi or a Livi win. That would represent a good day before we probably make an arse of things tomorrow. 

St Mirren and Livi are probably safe already so it was a decent set of results for us as WellDel alludes too. 

2 games in hand v Ross C and Killie. The only problem is they are both home games 🫣😳

Edit to add. Arbroath conceding 4 goals at home to ICT. 

Can Motherwell do unMotherwell like things and get a professional job done next few weeks 🙏

Edited by welldaft

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Results pretty much all falling favourably for us today, with the exception maybe of St Mirren picking up a point. Is it too much to ask for us not to fcuk it tomorrow?

Sadly, most probably, ... Yes.

No chance of a win for us tomorrow, Hibs are a team desperate for a win.. we've seen this script before.

It's interesting (it's really not) that we've had both Burrows and Hammell saying we have irons in the fire and we're hoping to get players in sooner rather than later but there don't seem to have been any leaks of names to your Scott Burns or the like.