Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

I served Richard Foster his dinner in a restaurant about 10 years ago. He was extremely good looking up close. It’s a yes from me. 

Did he have fries with it?

If we're looking at loose/tenuous links for filling vacancies, then as well as working with Kettlewell at County, Foster was probably at Ibrox around the time of Jim Traynor if we're touting names for that elusive, personable and likeable comms leader......

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Chicken Balmoral is cheaper than that, he didn't think that through.

As someone who got married recently, I think you'd be shocked at the per head cost of a wedding and I'm pretty sure Ricky Foster would've got married in a nicer gaff than me 😂 he's probably saved himself a few quid with the perfume.

Foster managed a tackle on Marvin in the playoff game at Fir Park that still turned me into a seething mess despite the general hilarity/euphoria at the time, so this is a hard one to swallow TBH. (on the other hand, he got sent off for fighting with a team mate at St Johnstone, so that's always worth a few bonus points).

7 hours ago, Swello said:

Foster managed a tackle on Marvin in the playoff game at Fir Park that still turned me into a seething mess despite the general hilarity/euphoria at the time, so this is a hard one to swallow TBH. (on the other hand, he got sent off for fighting with a team mate at St Johnstone, so that's always worth a few bonus points).

One of the worst of all time performances from a fullback at fir park, that was.

It was class. 

The chat about SO last night prompted me to dip in for the first time in a while.

I noticed a poster reacting to the Ricky Foster appointment asking what the (footballing) structure at the club was/is.

Which is a fair question I suppose.

Without going too deep into things as it stands I think it's something like this (plus some added media team):

Chairman - James McMahon
Board of Directors - Tom Feely, Douglas Dickie, Andrew Wilson
CEO (formerly Alan Burrows) - vacant

First Team
First team manager - Stuart Kettlewell
First team assistant manager (formerly Brian Kerr) - vacant
First team coach (formerly Keith Lasley) - vacant
Head of goalkeeping - Neil Alexander
Kit Coordinator - Alan MacDonald

Academy
Academy Director - David Clarkson
Lead Development Coach (formerly Stuart Kettlewell) - vacant
Head of Academy Coaching - Richard Foster
Head of Academy Recruitment - Stuart Ogilvie

Medical & Sports Science
Head physiotherapist - David Henderson
Lead Sports Scientist - Liam Jukes
Performance Therapist - Callum Davidson
Performance Therapist - Tom Jones

Recruitment & Analysis
Head of Recruitment Operations - Nick Daws
Head of Performance Analysis - Ross Clarkson
Performance Analyst - Graeme McArthur

Media and Communications
Head of Digital, Brand and Media (formerly Grant Russell) - vacant
Senior Producer (formerly Laura Brannan) - vacant
Media Assistant - Scott Gibson

Edited by capt_oats

I quite like the appointment of Foster in his career he was a very good player until that play-off game and then just an average SPFL player but the guy has experience of playing in many champions league (even last 16) and Europa League games. Actually like him better than most I’ve watched on sportscene over the years and if SK trusts him then that’s good enough for me right now. If we get him in to help on matchdays even better but hopefully SK gets his assistant and a coach.