Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Looks like we’ll have another couple of options to choose from in the coming weeks.
Wonder if Kettlewell will choose to keep Butcher in the back line with Bevis, Blaney and Lamie all available over the coming weeks.

Casey is currently playing on the left of the 3 but is right footed. So perhaps Blaney/Lamie in on the left and Butcher into midfield? 

5 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm honestly scared to see the defence changed in any way and the thought of the bold Ricky swanning straight back in gives me the fear at this point.

Pretty much this.

It feels daft to change things unless there's a good reason. Ricki Lamie being fit again isn't a good reason.

Like, it's nice to have options again but moving things around when we finally seem to have a bit of balance and consistency in our team selection isn't for me.

I get that Lamie's nose will be put out of joint if he's not a starter but as far as I'm concerned...tough.

I would leave things as they are while we are on a roll but Butcher in the midfield for the Rangers game would look good to me.

I have been impressed by Casey and Blaney looked ‘not bad’ so whether that is our back 2 or McGinn hangs about to help them out I will happily leave to Kettlewell.

Bevis shoring things up in the last 10 minutes, anywhere on the pitch seems a suitable role for him.

Edited by ropy

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Kettlewell definitely likes the sound of his own of voice but I quite enjoy it. Did I need to know that he knows Malky Mackay's dad? Not really, but it's a bit more interesting than Grezza or Hammell's shtick.

If he could stop saying "The Football Club" every 2 minutes, I'd enjoy it even more

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

If he could stop saying "The Football Club" every 2 minutes, I'd enjoy it even more

I love his interviews and could listen all day but I wish I could shut my ears everytime I hear that line thought I was the only one who noticed it.

Wonder if his assistant will be an experienced appointment. As in more experience than he has. Maybe an older head to consult with. I assume we will hear later today.

I hope someone with more experience. We shall see.

Any obvious connections in his past career ? 

Goodwin reveals he had the chance to talk to "another club" that was looking for a manager last month

I wonder who that might have been. Without reading too much between the lines, he pretty much says he reckoned this "other club" was beyond saving. Let's see how it works out at Tannadice for you, shall we, cunto?

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

If i was to take a guess, I'd say Richie Brittain, but solely on the basis they'd worked together before.

Currently a Site Manager up on Beauly according to LinkedIn. Not far from Dingwall unsurprisingly!

Could be a good shout thisGRAEME.