Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

It is absolutely fine, I am long past getting up or down about our strips, usually prefer the away ones.  I will be interested to see the ribbed effect up close.

It looks like a Motherwell strip and people will be happy with a full hoop.  White numbers?

Did I imagine it, or was there not someone on here last night predicting both a new strip reveal and a signing for today? Can't seem to find it anymore, but first one stoated if so, now patiently awaiting the second part of the double....

I'm always happy to see a full hoop and I like the collar and sleeve bands.

The sponser is aesthetically howfin though. And I'm not hugely comfortable that the club has decided to partner with G4 given their area of business, not to mention their growing 'portfolio' of odd comercial ventures on the side. Snake oil vibes IMO.

3 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

So we announce a new strip and our new Sponsor at the same time...  

Fair enough, the sponsor is boring and shouldn't be something folk care much about in isolation. Announcing at the same time as the strip may get more eyes on the announcement than it it was just about the sponsor. Plus, one less post to attract the "who cares, announce x" crowd.

2 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Decent strip.

As an aside, I remember years ago, like 15, 20, catching some French football on telly and thinking...

"Ffs, look at the amount of sponsors on that strip!"

We're catching up.

Ha, I was just thinking similar - 20 years ago I had my exchange year in Sweden and kits were absolutely covered in sponsors for TV. The replica kits sold to fans, in contrast, were absolutely sponsor free. Even way back then I wondered why we didn't do similar, everyone is largely a winner.

Like the kit itself too, a belting shirt and I can live with the shorts even I am in the preferring predominantly white group.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

47 minutes ago, Al B said:

We do them sponsor-free. At least we did last season....hopefully that continues this time round.

I clocked that (and was quite annoyed I didn't pick one up) but was it not just an end of season thing after we'd announced Paycare weren't going to be our main sponsor going forward?

I don't remember us doing the sponsorless version when we launched last season's kit.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Can the woman’s strip be ordered for those not liking the sponsor?  Is it a different cut?

Generally a different cut. I liked the new Scotland women's away kit but it was only in said cut which was an.. interesting look on my giant frame.

Interesting that the "maths jotter" pattern doesn't line up going from Amber to Claret on the top. 

On first glance, the new top was classic Motherwell kit, but there's too many flaws on closer inspection. Da f**k is the giant sponsor all about? 

Fair play to "G4 Claims" though, their washin' basket must be empty. 

IMG-20230623-WA0003.jpg