Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

To be fair, Mandron was one that I heard Motherwell beat us to the punch with in January so he's clearly been on Robinson's radar ever since.

When the alternatives were Main, Fletcher and Pressley, I can honestly say I have reservations on this one but then we don't know how McMenamin and Nahmani will look around him and if all else fails, we do have Ayunga coming back in the next few months.

Mandron was lovely big guy to chat to but not a very good footballer. His second touch was always an attempted tackle. Can't believe that header he missed from like 6 yards out. St mirren have managed to sign some of our better former players in recent times but I'm surprised at this one. You just know his one league goal will be against us next season. 

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Another step towards us launching a claret & amber away strip.

In Robinson & Lasley we trust. 🫡

Mandron is a charmer and will brighten up the squad photo.  He will look taller in stripes.

I can’t remember who on here said it (apologies) but the description of Mandron moving like his limbs are being controlled by 4 different guys who all hate each other has been lodged in my brain ever since. A chefs kiss of a description of the big fella. Nice guy, not very good at football. 

4 hours ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Never change Stephen Robinson, never change.

I see he's spent six figures on a 27 year old Glentoran winger and immediately started talking about playing him at fullback.

It's hard not to sound like I'm having a go at him, but I'm not. It's just that he's literally the only person in the world that would do that.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I see he's spent six figures on a 27 year old Glentoran winger and immediately started talking about playing him at fullback.

It's hard not to sound like I'm having a go at him, but I'm not. It's just that he's literally the only person in the world that would do that.

*glances at Callum Davidson*

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

How much can you read into those squad numbers?

Maguire has a fairly prominent number, but surely he’s going to be nowhere near the team? Surely?!?!

I think Ketts has just let them all have free reign to pick their own numbers in hope more than expectation to keep up the feelgood factor tbh, as if we were to go into the season with Lamie, Mugabi and Maguire as our starting 4, 5, and 6 we'd be well and truly fucked before a ball is kicked. If we could offload all three we'd be better off tbh.