Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

What the hell is going on here? Can’t say I like the look of that, and right where I sit too.

0bdc891d-bf25-4356-9c8c-331dc3cc690c.jpeg

Assuming it's this you're talking about it was brought up last month with the discussion about additional work needing done.

On 25/06/2023 at 14:38, Handsome John said:

This should provide more context

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/covanburn-contracts-ltd_progress-update-were-making-good-progress-activity-7076853868910800896-Z_qV?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

Basically the front of the east stand was a health and safety tightrope for both fans and players

The club had posted about work being done on the East stand at the start of the close season.

There was another update earlier today.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/covanburn-contracts-ltd_progress-update-the-team-continue-to-activity-7083047470347210752-fTh8?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

1688730110157?e=1691625600&v=beta&t=3iwW

1688730111245?e=1691625600&v=beta&t=jb4N

As much as they were clearly necessary, they look like a monstrosity at the moment. Like motorway concrete barriers.

I assume they still have to be painted - either White or Claret and Amber. 

20 minutes ago, welldaft said:

As much as they were clearly necessary, they look like a monstrosity at the moment. Like motorway concrete barriers.

I assume they still have to be painted - either White or Claret and Amber. 

Likely that way so we can put those LED Display boards that is now part of any modern stadium

9 hours ago, santheman said:

All to do with obtaining our stadium safety certificate.

Do you know the thinking behind adding the big concrete barrier round the new stairs? I'm sure there's a good reason, however I canny think of it. 

31 minutes ago, CoF said:

Do you know the thinking behind adding the big concrete barrier round the new stairs? I'm sure there's a good reason, however I canny think of it. 

Formation of the wall suggests underpinning of the weakened foundations from pitch lower last year

I've got a hangover so I'm in a huff and looking at that squad list we put out yesterday isn't exactly filling me with any joy. 

• 6 centre backs. The best of which is broken for at least the start of the season, Lamie & Mugabi played regularly in a team that was in complete freefall and looked nailed on for relegation. McGinn is fine, Blaney is a big brave boy but is still relatively unproven and Sam Campbell is definitely unproven. 
  • One left back who is currently coming back from a mystery injury that kept him out for 18 months. This is a concern in itself but even more concerning is that prior to this mystery injury he was complete dugmeat at football. 
  • It's looking like we're stuck with Maguire in midfield again who we know is nowhere near the level needed. 

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Formation of the wall suggests underpinning of the weakened foundations from pitch lower last year

Wouldn't need to extend the wall up for that reason. You need some sort of barrier for a difference in level more than 600mm. That's normally a steel handrail but maybe a wall was preferred as less maintenance involved. If it's intended to be a barrier it doesn't look high enough so I'm only speculating and don't really know. 

Can’t say I Love/Hat(sorry, lost a finger) this hiatus we have between competitive games, but you do see the different levels there are with our fans. From the chilled out folk to the absolute panic merchants you see on Twitter, that are convinced we’re getting relegated if we don’t buy x, y, x type of players. 
Looking at the rest of our ‘competitors’ on a similar, if not slightly higher/lower budgets than us, are they really strengthening more than us? Most are. Unknown quantities, that could light up the league or shit the bed like most do. 
Would it be nice to see a few more signings, of course, but looking back at the last part of the season with Kettlebell, he made most of what we had and we were ok. Have faith

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That would be good news. As it means (unless I am totally wrong) we would get. 90,000 Euros for the 7 years he has been part of the Academy. Not the 60,000 if the club he goes to are in the division below top division if that makes sense. 

Although reading between the lines an extra £1m in transfer income will not translate to any extra players unless we move some on. Bit of a mess we have got ourselves into with the squad overall 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Wouldn't need to extend the wall up for that reason. You need some sort of barrier for a difference in level more than 600mm. That's normally a steel handrail but maybe a wall was preferred as less maintenance involved. If it's intended to be a barrier it doesn't look high enough so I'm only speculating and don't really know. 

It looks to me like the new parts of the steps are at a different angle to the rest of the stand presumably as the existing angle would have them end somewhere on the pitch. That would make sense to have the concrete along the sides to separate the different angles. It seems like a recipe for a faceplant though