Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

We had a goal disallowed for offside when Obika tapped in from a yard out. Not sure if it was going in. 

It didn't look like it was going in from my view at the corner. So no big loss.

He just scored from a corner as well

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

It didn't look like it was going in from my view at the corner. So no big loss.

He just scored from a corner as well

Haha and just had one of the worse over head kick attempts ever. Fair play to him giving it a bash.

Good timing with the weather. Absolutely chucking it up in elgin and tonnes of Lightning/thunder.

Very comfortable and professional but this was really the minimum required. Need to win the rest of the group games as well.

Today was exactly what you need in the LC Group games - professional performance, gave a good number of minutes to young players and gave everyone a good run out. You'd assume that we'll use most of the guys that weren't used today in the next game.

I know some folk hate the group format but I think when it's used properly, it's a much better build up to the league season than friendlies or early stage european games.

24 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

You have to hope McGinley getting minutes is just with a view to him getting mutual’d.

It was an absolutely travesty he got an extension on his contract in the first place, we should be well rid of by now. 

Be careful now. You would not want to go upsetting certain people..

If he could do a job then fine. I suspect he will be here as back up which is fine if he has fully recovered from his problems. 

20 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

https://streamable.com/bzis8b

Lennon Miller goal

Otherwise not much in it. We looked comfortable but not too impressive.

Spot on. And results for St Mirren, St Johnstone and United. Queens Park even show upsets are quite common at this stage. 

Felt we would have pressed home our obvious advantage more. But no drama is very welcome. Job done ✅

Actually thought Mugabi was perfectly fine even considering the standard of opposition. 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Spot on. And results for St Mirren, St Johnstone and United. Queens Park even show upsets are quite common at this stage. 

Felt we would have pressed home our obvious advantage more. But no drama is very welcome. Job done ✅

Actually thought Mugabi was perfectly fine even considering the standard of opposition. 

It is hard to judge how good players are in that sort of game. Miller and Wilson looked good to me. The things that stand out are the negatives from the experienced players. O'Donnell being wasteful on the ball with time and space, Obika missing a couple of easy chances, McGinley being McGinley.

Mugabi had a better outing than his first competitive game of last season.