Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, Neil86 said:

Who ever is in charge of socials has to learn how to spell.

'Obika accesses queen of the south clash'

They've edited the YouTube file but clearly they've published the Tweet with the embedded link before they've noticed the typo.

It's getting really bad though.

Not to be that guy (I'm *totally* that guy) but on top of misspelling Souaré's name yesterday some of the grammar in the copy that's getting published on both socials and the official site is an absolute shambles.

Lads, a Grammarly subscription is like, $15 a month. Maybe have a think about it eh?

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Lads, a Grammarly subscription is like, $15 a month. Maybe have a think about it eh?

That $15 per month could be Moult's basic "pay as you play" money right there.

What gets me about the incorrect grammar. Is that there are Senior Managers and Board members at the club reading these releases etc. Clearly no one has thought this needs to be addressed. Symptomatic of a lack of leadership and key personnel at the moment. 

And before anyone mentions it. I would rather have a winning team on the park etc etc. I don’t feel it reflects well on the club. Not having a go at the person that has put them together but he / she should have some back up support either software or in human form ! 

40 minutes ago, welldaft said:

What gets me about the incorrect grammar. Is that there are Senior Managers and Board members at the club reading these releases etc. Clearly no one has thought this needs to be addressed. Symptomatic of a lack of leadership and key personnel at the moment. 

And before anyone mentions it. I would rather have a winning team on the park etc etc. I don’t feel it reflects well on the club. Not having a go at the person that has put them together but he / she should have some back up support either software or in human form ! 

Or, it's been addressed and keeps happening.

It's perfectly fine to have a go at the person putting them together. It's basic stuff that a spellcheck, grammar check and re-read can sort. They don't get a free pass imo just because we are lacking in some key senior positions.  That said, it's the not at the top of my list of things I want the club to resolve and typos happen.

On the positive side, I like the Elgin video being able to hear things rather than having some shit music played over it. 

Edited by eliphas

Seemingly we are interested in a Nigerian Centre forward called Sunday Adetunji who plays in Macedonia. 

6ft3’ big pacy striker. Few other clubs also interested. Unsure how true it is but tbh, these are the type of rumours I like to hear.

17 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Raining The Shawshank Redemption GIF

In fairness I imagine Shields' reaction will be somewhat similar.

Absolutely fair play to him like. I hope he has a lovely time.

I know there's been a lot of handwringing from sections of Motherwell Twitter but this feels a very "managed" window.

6 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Seemingly we are interested in a Nigerian Centre forward called Sunday Adetunji who plays in Macedonia. 

6ft3’ big pacy striker. Few other clubs also interested. Unsure how true it is but tbh, these are the type of rumours I like to hear.

I know I was sceptical about the Casey thing but this one's definitely questionable given the account has 11 followers and seems to be suggesting they're a "journalist" who's just about to turn 16.

Screenshot2023-07-18at11_06_32.thumb.png.79c5b35eb43372b1232839af9d49afd7.png

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

In fairness I imagine Shields' reaction will be somewhat similar.

Absolutely fair play to him like. I hope he has a lovely time.

I know there's been a lot of handwringing from sections of Motherwell Twitter but this feels a very "managed" window.

I know I was sceptical about the Casey thing but this one's definitely questionable given the account has 11 followers and seems to be suggesting they're a "journalist" who's just about to turn 16.

Screenshot2023-07-18at11_06_32.thumb.png.79c5b35eb43372b1232839af9d49afd7.png

I can get that, the sceptical side of me agrees. However the other side likes random rumours like that and also where would a 16 Bulgarian get the idea we would need a 6ft3 centre forward who 💯 fits the bill of the Kettlewell type of striker. 

Edit to add - Ps stop taking the fun out of everything ya mood hoover 😎

Edited by wellboy1991

2 hours ago, stressball said:

Good luck to the guy with a name like that…

Unless it’s fake and I’ve been whooshed.

IMG_0888.jpeg

Celtic and Rangers fans are the only ones who will make any comments/'jokes', because you're all fucking weird

3 hours ago, welldaft said:

there are Senior Managers and Board members at the club reading these releases etc

Based on almost nuhin, I doubt they bother their arse to read them. Some of the board members are there for their free tickets and paid jollies IMO.