Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

See our old centre forward, Curtis Main has joined Connor Shields by moving to India. 

They must be paying a decent wedge out there just now. Has Goss actually signed up to move out aswell? 

Pearson had a couple of stints in India. I can't find the reports from the time but IIRC he was supposedly earning daft money.

He alluded to it when he re-signed in February 17:

He said: "It is certainly a place you will see a lot of players trying to get to. There is a lot of money there, especially for the foreign players who come in. You're allowed 15 foreign players, and 15 local players. But you can only have five foreign players in the starting team at one time - I think they might be reducing that to encourage the progression of the Indian lads."

However, Pearson says Indian football still cannot compete with the money being splashed by clubs in China.

"I think the money that is getting thrown around in China is just on another level at the minute," he said.

"In India they do try to pay the foreign players well because it is only a short time that they are out there and they want to get the best players to come and help the Indian players develop.

"They are passionate about it and everything they do, they give it their all."

Link

McHugh and Hartley also seemed to make a decent go of it out there. McHugh's already had four seasons, Hartley had two and a bit.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Based on almost nuhin, I doubt they bother their arse to read them. Some of the board members are there for their free tickets and paid jollies IMO.

This one reeks of value add...

image.png.c02f7e5cea793f1753308fbcabe2a8b1.png

1 hour ago, Pettigrew said:

This one reeks of value add...

image.png.c02f7e5cea793f1753308fbcabe2a8b1.png

Tom Feely is a chartered accountant. He clearly has valuable skills for the board.

It is very slim picking for the board right now. It seems like we only have 3 board members. Hopefully some younger people are out there who are reliable and have skills needed. Either that or life long Rangers fan Stewart Robertson will weasel his way back in.

20 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Tom Feely is a chartered accountant. He clearly has valuable skills for the board.

It is very slim picking for the board right now. It seems like we only have 3 board members. Hopefully some younger people are out there who are reliable and have skills needed. Either that or life long Rangers fan Stewart Robertson will weasel his way back in.

He's a small businessman from Wishaw with a qualification.   The homepage of the practice's website still says the office is shut due to COVID restrictions...  

Ever heard him add anything of value or insight at the AGM?

Edited by Pettigrew

10 minutes ago, Pettigrew said:

He's a small businessman from Wishaw with a qualification.   The homepage of the practice's website still says the office is shut due to COVID restrictions...  

Ever heard him add anything of value or insight at the AGM?

A small businessman or a small business man?

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

That is United announcing Moult. Good luck to the guy, but it does depress me a little I will not lie 🤷‍♂️😢.

Sad as it is - a bullet dodged there. Maybe playing for a lower division team might be a good thing for him. 

I hope Louis does well. He's not in our division so I hope he miraculously is able to play the majority of games and does well. Then fucks off to someone like wrexham for a pay day.

21 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

We were sat next to the board’s table at the POTY night.  Aside from the folk from G4 Claims with the branded dresses, it did have the air of a bowling club committee….

Not really a dig, but I've always found boards, as a whole, to be a weird make up. It's invariably ancient folk at the end of their careers who view it as a nice thing to do.

That's not to diminish experience or knowledge, but... Yeah. It's a demographic.

The game is listed on vipbox.lc. I’ve had decent streams on there before. 

Whether or not the stream actually loads, or you can get past the endless wall of pop-ups without fucking your laptop is another matter.