Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I come in peace, not looking to start any shite I promise. He did make a bit of an arse of himself. Looks a strong but fair tackle to me, and Dunne slips. McGinns was far worse a few seconds later.

Maybe trying to deflect from a poor performance from his team?

Jail the (good) c**t.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I come in peace, not looking to start any shite I promise. He did make a bit of an arse of himself. Looks a strong but fair tackle to me, and Dunne slips. McGinns was far worse a few seconds later.

In anyone’s books that’s a “ robust “ challenge but not a straight red. In real time it looked a lot worse but yes it does look as if Charlie loses his footing . It certainly doesn’t look malicious or reckless endangerment and IMO a booking was probably correct.

However if Biereth is out for any length of time my verdict will be that Mr Dunne is hung by the larger of his testicles from the walls of the Bastille …….

11 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Aye, I said to someone after watching the video back that he might have a claim about the potential penalty but the Dunne red card chat was a nonsense.

It's pretty scummy behaviour from Kettlewell to be honest. He's adamant he's seen it back, it's a straight red, and went on numerous shows and directly called out Dunne, when he quite clearly hadn't seen it back because that's barely a foul and is a million miles away from what he claimed.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's pretty scummy behaviour from Kettlewell to be honest. He's adamant he's seen it back, it's a straight red, and went on numerous shows and directly called out Dunne, when he quite clearly hadn't seen it back because that's barely a foul and is a million miles away from what he claimed.

Aye but Kettlewell has to blow smoke up our arses, not yours 😄

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, GAD said:

Behave yourself . That’s a foul anywhere on the pitch .

You would have been looking for that as a foul up the other end. We’ve said it’s not a red but let’s not make stuff up.

Is it a red card? Probably not.

Having said that I've seen folk giving it "he wins the ball" and all that. He gets the ball because he goes through the player and whether he slips or not both feet are off the ground. There's an argument that at the very least it's reckless.

I didn't hear Kettlewell's comments and I get why St Mirren fans are probably touchy about it - it seems to be the default setting for many of them (especially on here) - but all things told a booking is probably fair enough but from our POV it's not difficult to see why Kettlewell would be getting bent out of shape over it.

I had a look at Mugabis red card v Hibs from last year where the referee was ‘ checks notes ‘ Willie Collum.

They are pretty similar and he gave a red that day. Main difference is the drama queen reactions from the Hibs players especially the odious Ryan Porteous .

I didn’t think Mugabis was a red either FWIW.

49 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Is it a red card? Probably not.

Having said that I've seen folk giving it "he wins the ball" and all that. He gets the ball because he goes through the player and whether he slips or not both feet are off the ground. There's an argument that at the very least it's reckless.

I didn't hear Kettlewell's comments and I get why St Mirren fans are probably touchy about it - it seems to be the default setting for many of them (especially on here) - but all things told a booking is probably fair enough but from our POV it's not difficult to see why Kettlewell would be getting bent out of shape over it.

I agree it's reckless and he definitely goes through the player but I don't see the both feet off the ground bit.  In saying that- it is a yellow.  I would like to see Paul McGinn's back because at the time that looked worse but on a replay might not look as bad. 

I suppose the main gripe is Kettlewell going on about how he had seen it back several times and it was the worst tackle in the history of fitba.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oh no.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He does not slip in the slightest. 

I'm a huge Dunne fan, he's a nice guy, but you can clearly see he pushes off his back leg to stretch with his left leg to try and get the ball. Right leg then clattering through Mika knee to knee.

I don't think it's pre mediated but it's classic Dunne clumsy, classic Dunne daft and classic Dunne endangers the opponent. If Mika's left leg was planted there it would been snapped and he would have seen red. Just because you get a foot on the ball does not mean the rest of your body ceases to exist. That's where the foul is for me - yellow or red.

Edited by eliphas

3 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

I agree it's reckless and he definitely goes through the player but I don't see the both feet off the ground bit.  In saying that- it is a yellow.  I would like to see Paul McGinn's back because at the time that looked worse but on a replay might not look as bad. 

I suppose the main gripe is Kettlewell going on about how he had seen it back several times and it was the worst tackle in the history of fitba.

Manager covering his arse foocussing an incident that happened in the 93rd minute like it was a match changing event.

Tbf the clip that's been posted by partizan accounts like BAWArmy and "Pie and Bovril" has been slowed down.

In real time it looks worse - he just goes straight through him.

giphy.gif

It's not a surprise though, it's exactly the sort of hammer throwing approach we know Robinson encourages his teams to take against better quality teams.

Edited by capt_oats

Let's be honest. It was a bad challenge from our point of view, but there's always two polar opposites between both sets of fans.

We were squealing for a red but, in honesty, if he'd still been in Claret and Amber making the same challenge we'd be backing him to the hilt. It's the tribal nature of the game.

Still think they should jail the c**t.

Its reckless and could easily have been a red under the "excessive force" rule. A split second later and hes breaking yer mans ankle.

57 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Getting upset about the opposition manager’s chat is Brendan Rodger type of behaviour, just smile and look to the next round, I didn’t even check who you got.