Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Scott Burns who is genuinely ITK stating that Mika could be out for months rather than weeks.

From my seat at the game Dunne clearly went to do him after a brief coming together between the two of them just before it. Piss poor tackle imo. 

Just our fucking luck tbh. 

Edited by wellboy1991

4 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Scott Burns who is genuinely ITK stating that Mika could be out for months. 

From my seat at the game Dunne clearly went to do him after a brief coming together between the two of them just before it. Piss poor tackle imo. 

There were one or two wee things going on involving Biereth , the first thing he did when he came on was back into Gogic and stand on his foot , nothing wrong with that but there were a few other things with Gogic too. As you say there was a coming together before the tackle which probably led to Dunne going in hard , but he did take the ball , and he didn't follow through with his right foot either. 

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

There were one or two wee things going on involving Biereth , the first thing he did when he came on was back into Gogic and stand on his foot , nothing wrong with that but there were a few other things with Gogic too. As you say there was a coming together before the tackle which probably led to Dunne going in hard , but he did take the ball , and he didn't follow through with his right foot either. 

What did he follow through with?

Just now, billyg said:

He went with his left for the ball , it wasn't two footed , that is as clear as day !

He’s rattled him with his right knee after wiping him out with his left foot. It was out of control and excessive going by the rules of the game.

Tbh I didn’t see the McGinn tackle as I was too busy going off my nut at Dunne.

Dunne and Mugabe (probably others tbf, I've stopped following footballers on Instagram) were liking pro-Benjamin Mendy stuff a while ago. 

This isn't meant as a judgement on the tackle, or to trivialise something much more serious than football either. Just an observation on "nice guy" footballers.

Bad tackle, but we've surely all seen enough of Dunne to assume it was probably more to do with his general approach to defending, rather than something sinister. You'd certainly hope he's not meant that.

Will be absolutely gutting if Mika is out long term. 

(Just to be clear, Dunne isn't good at defending) 

Edited by MurrayWell

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Dunne and Mugabe (probably others tbf, I've stopped following footballers on Instagram) were liking pro-Benjamin Mendy stuff a while ago. 

This isn't meant as a judgement on the tackle, or to trivialise something much more serious than football either. Just an observation on "nice guy" footballers.

This isn’t meant as anything other than a retelling of an observation but while sitting in Botanic Gardens one afternoon with my dug I observed Dunne and a friend approaching random women. It was fairly obvious what they were approaching them for and I remember having a conversation with myself at the time whether I thought it was appropriate behaviour or not. I settled on that it wasn’t the kind of thing I’d do and I wouldn’t like to be friends with people who did it but as long as they’re being respectful while doing it then what’s the harm. I obviously never knew the detail of their interactions but the only reason I mention it was reading that he was perhaps pro Mendy and that jogged my memory of the incident and made me rethink it. Anyway, bit of pointless info there.

So in summary we have signed 6 players and before we are even out of August 50% of them are injured. Sound.

We need not worry as we have plenty strength in depth…oh wait.

Perhaps this strategy of signing injury prone players as it is all we can afford is not such a good one after all. Just saying.

I have seen nothing to say why Souare was missing at the weekend. Is this also potentially a medium to long term issue. 

If Biereth is out for more than a few weeks that would be a huge blow. Should also hopefully put paid to the cuddly Chilli D rubbish I have seen since the tackle at the weekend. He is an ex player that was unsurprisingly injured for most of his time with us and has (potentially) and recklessly injured our (potentially) best forward. 

Now we have proper video evidence we can see this challenge for what it is - clumsy.

Dunne is known to be, he slips as he plants both feet on the ground for the tackle and is it deserving of a free kick? Yes, Collum fucked up.

Is it however a yellow? Not sure, possibly, couldn't complain if it was.

However let us be very very clear, Kettlewell is talking complete and utter shit when he says,  it is an "absolutely horrendous tackle", "two footed" or "straight legged".

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

Now we have proper video evidence we can see this challenge for what it is - clumsy.

Dunne is known to be, he slips as he plants both feet on the ground for the tackle and is it deserving of a free kick? Yes, Collum fucked up.

However let us be very very clear, Kettlewell is talking complete and utter shit when he says,  it is an "absolutely horrendous tackle", "two footed" or "straight legged".

If only he had tackled him in slow motion he might not be out for months.

30 minutes ago, Ric said:

Did Kettlewell kill your dug or something? Absolute wee man behaviour after you -checks notes- won a game of football.

Give it a rest man.

St Mirren fans are going out of their way to defend Dunne in order to not be labelled/linked with being "that" type of team. Which I don't think they are to be clear. But Dunne knows exactly what he is doing no editing of the tackle is going to make that any different. He gets away with it with only a booking we have our most potent striker out for months by the looks of it.

If they shoe was on the other foot they would rightly be feckin raging, forgive us while we are rightly feckin raging.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

He doesn't slip. He pushes off his right leg and stretches into a tackle.

At the same time, it's also not a premeditated Vinnie Jones tackle studs up, flying through the air or anything.

His right leg clatters Mika which is part of his body and therefore the tackle. It doesn't cease to exist 

Clumsy can equal endangering an opponent

All these things are true and dont mean one of the other things didnt happen. 

Not everything is black and white. (That's also a pun, you are welcome)

Edited by eliphas

10 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Scott Burns who is genuinely ITK stating that Mika could be out for months rather than weeks.

If true this is an absolute disaster

It'll be gutting if Biereth is out for any length of time but surely if that's the case we can end his loan early and (assuming we're paying some, if not all, of his wages) use the money to get someone else in? 

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

It'll be gutting if Biereth is out for any length of time but surely if that's the case we can end his loan early and (assuming we're paying some, if not all, of his wages) use the money to get someone else in? 

Aye I'd think so. Might also put paid to Arsenal sending any lads up for a while as well.

We simply cant go into the season proper playing the current system with Wilkinson and Bair as our strikers. Even stopping any Efford move to St J wouldn't really solve it as he doesn't fit in the current system. 

So we need to either - get another two strikers in to cover Mika and Obika. Or, change the system to get Efford involved and get one more in (just kid on to him we've not been trying to punt him for weeks). 

Quite the pickle when your completely wed to one way of playing 

Edited by eliphas