Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Seems to be fairly highly thought of at Huddersfield and has full international caps already. Transfermarkt has him down as a right back. So SOD’s over to the left until Pape is back fit then? 

5 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Who was the one out? McGuire? 

I’m going to assume he’s a left footer.

Maguire aye. Kettlewell spoke about it in his presser earlier saying that move would hopefully help get one over the line.

Both @Casagolda and @eliphas had mentioned this had been in the works for a while earlier in The Thread.

You assume wrong. He's a RB/RWB.

Edited by capt_oats

42 minutes ago, Nutmeg Magazine said:

Michael Higdon scored his first goal for Motherwell on this day in 2011.

He went on to take the SPL by storm in season 2012/13, scoring 26 goals and outdoing the Old Firm in the individual awards.

The big Englishman ended 23 years of dominance by Old Firm players to achieve the status of being named Players’ Player of the Year – the first since time Aberdeen’s Jim Bett scooped the award in 1990 that a Celtic or Rangers player did not pick up the prize.

To celebrate one of Scottish football's genuine cult heroes, from Nutmeg 28 and now online for the first time we bring you Andy Ross's profile of big Higgy:

MICHAEL HIGDON AT MOTHERWELL: HOW STRIKER BECAME STEELMEN’S MR BIG

24 point text has successfully grabbed my attention.

Also - good Higgy content.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but what do the radars say @RandomGuy.

Hes not played enough senior football to have a chart, it seems. Smallest number I can do is 400 mins a season but realistically it needs to be 800+

3 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

My point with all the guys I named and why Lang was included was more to do with the supposed level/pedigree of strikers we were signing for a while. Their stats/highlights feel/history looked all looked decent. None of them were on 1 goal in 33 appearances etc 

That's absolutely fair. 

7 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

This a club that left employees and local businesses in the lurch by not paying what was due in order to cheat their rivals in the league.

Surely you can’t expect someone from a club with morals like that to ever apologise? 

You'd think we'd be cash rich after St Mirren brought 17,000 fans to Fir Park once in the 1970s.

I think it says it all that Biereth was catapulted into space after the assassination attempt by our former player and yet……..he is still forecast to be out for less time than Obika. 

Hopefully our new signing will at least get into September before being ruled out for the rest of the season.