Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, KTID65 said:

Just a wee thanks to the Well fans for joining in the tribute to Gordon Stirling yesterday, it was class but not unexpected as I remember Motherwell fans unfurling a banner at Rugby Park for Liam Kelly’s father a week after he passed away at the league cup final. As for the game I thought a draw would have been a fair result but well done to Motherwell and good luck for the rest of the season.

Sadly there is a ‘clap’ at more games than not nowadays.

17 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Ketts' record. This is getting a bit silly isn't it?Screenshot_20230827_202739_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7719c09149c318a543624dd4cd790ebb.jpg

22 games isn’t enough to crown him as best ever manager but does anyone have a better record (after 20+ games).

5 minutes ago, TartanSpecial said:

He needs to be careful, he might get the hibs job

Someone mentioned that to me yesterday and I pooh poohed it (always risky).

He's obviously been phenomenal but until he pulled it out at HT, we were in a significantly different mood with the summer's recruitment work so far looking...50-50, let's say.

So while his headline stats are incredible, I doubt Hibs would consider him worth the effort just yet.

I'm not convinced they'll bother with someone under contract but if they do and they're looking within Scotland, Robinson is a far more obvious choice.

2 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've just taken a look at our September fixtures... Hearts, St Mirren, Rangers and Celtic.

Hmmm.

We could conceivably lose them all (though if Dundee can beat Hearts, surely we can too... And we owe St Mirren some payback...)

Predictions?

12 points.

3 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I've just taken a look at our September fixtures... Hearts, St Mirren, Rangers and Celtic.

Hmmm.

We could conceivably lose them all (though if Dundee can beat Hearts, surely we can too... And we owe St Mirren some payback...)

Predictions?

We could certainly play reasonably well and lose them all but at the same time if we play reasonably well v post-Greece Hearts and at home to St Mirren, we probably won't lose both.

If you offered me three points from the four I'd take it, delighted with four and five or better would be verging on passports out stuff.

46 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Hmmm.

Predictions?

Think Hearts losing yesterday was bad news for us.  I know they've got a trip to Greece on Thursday, but can't see them making the same mistake again in the following league game.  Would absolutely take a point from Tynecastle.

If we can get through September with four points from those games, I think that's a reasonable return.

Should be an interesting few months if Aberdeen and Hearts make the group stages as they don't have the squads or managerial experience really to cope with playing twice a week til the end of the year. Even Celtic and Rangers can be off it when they have to balance the games. Add in the league cup for some of those and it could make for an interesting table come Christmas as people will drop points

1 hour ago, TartanSpecial said:

I don't like how this season has started for others.

Could be anyone in that bottom 6

Dunno about that, I'm pretty pleased.

Initial thought is we have enough about us to be no worse than 10th.

Second is with Hibs hibsing so hard, there's not just the certainty a non city team will be top six but every chance they won't recover to fifth - so Europe is there for the taking for us, Killie, St Mirren etc.

Still plenty time to change ofc and the look of the squads on Friday morning may colour things too...but there's reason for some cautious optimism.