Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is Nicky Clark a rumour?

I mean we've been trying to manifest Joey Efford to Perth...

Fair enough if @RandomGuy.'s bringing the same energy.

Being objective though, based on the forward signings we've made this summer Nicky Clark doesn't look very much like a Kettlewell profile (he's not 6ft+ for a start).

3 minutes ago, eliphas said:

It's apparently a name discussed to get Efford out. Straight swap essentially but wages the stumbling block so far with Efford.

Clark will be earning more than Efford, probably quite comfortably.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, was it not the talk at the time when you signed him from Utd that he was being paid a very handsome sum?

Anyway, enough of your Clark talk. Only Motherwell's 'The Thread'™️ on here has the power to actually will transfers into reality. Don't be trying no weird farmer juju to try and pap your unwanted, overpaid shite off to us.

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, was it not the talk at the time when you signed him from Utd that he was being paid a very handsome sum?

Seemingly one of the highest earners we've ever had, on a 3yr deal.

At 31yo, having missed half a year of football 2 years before due to injury (which hes currently repeating with us).

We paid a fee too.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seemingly one of the highest earners we've ever had, on a 3yr deal.

At 31yo, having missed half a year of football 2 years before due to injury (which hes currently repeating with us).

We paid a fee too.

Mind boggling. Us diddys do like to make sure we've got at least one perma-crock on the books at all times. He's obviously got the same agent as Jon Obika. 

Screenshot_20230828_203149_Chrome.jpg.07e34613c86caf1c9a0506371ef65919.jpg

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye no doubt. We want all of Effords wages paid for, clubs aren't really up for it....not sure on St J demands about Clark. Straight swap loan in either direction.

I'd take Clark over Efford, but we could really do without another injury prone forward. 

Fletcher would be the best option of the names we've been linked with and a good signing for our system IMO, but Is there anything in that chat or is it just because he's been linked before? 

9 hours ago, eliphas said:

Aye no doubt. We want all of Effords wages paid for, clubs aren't really up for it....not sure on St J demands about Clark. Straight swap loan in either direction.

If we get all of Efford's costs off the wage bill it'd be a remarkable achievement, regardless of our opening stance, realistically we're surely just looking to salvage what we can.

28 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If we get all of Efford's costs off the wage bill it'd be a remarkable achievement, regardless of our opening stance, realistically we're surely just looking to salvage what we can.

Aye, I don't know, but I wonder if that stance changes a little given Saturday's showing. 

I'm not that really into to Clark so hopefully they was just some early chat and it has bubbled away

I see Ketts subtle tactics to move on players he doesn't want have evolved from passive aggressive comments in press conferences to designing very unflattering artistic impressions for social media posts. He's done Joe dirty with that picture. Good work.