Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Broadly speaking, yes, many of them are completely insufferable (Carl Anka anyone? A bigger fraud than Ten Haag), but they have a lot of decent people too.

you are probably right. I only ever seem to catch the helmets. Probably like every work place.

30 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Also that JJ Bull things shows how stats like that are lovely to look at but mean f**k all.

They do mean something, but theres an error rate either way. 

Like xG for strikers, the average striker will generally perform sustainably 20% either side of it (based on ~5yrs of worth of data i fucked about with once). There will be a similar rate for clubs in terms of it too id imagine, but ive not looked into it.

A lot of folk think overperformance = unsustainable and expect a dip, and constantly claim someone like Livingston are "lucky" to end up as high up the table as they do.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They do mean something, but theres an error rate either way. 

Like xG for strikers, the average striker will generally perform sustainably 20% either side of it (based on ~5yrs of worth of data i fucked about with once). There will be a similar rate for clubs in terms of it too id imagine, but ive not looked into it.

A lot of folk think overperformance = unsustainable and expect a dip, and constantly claim someone like Livingston are "lucky" to end up as high up the table as they do.

I like your posts, I love your wee graphs when called upon. You won't change my mind however.

27 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You won't change my mind however.

Aye wasnt trying to, just automatically shitpost about it whenever i see it mentioned tbh.

On another note thank you @thisGRAEMEfor a wonderful Patreon episode. It has been about 10 days since I basked in those two games in some form so it was well overdue to enjoy the retelling. 

Might I suggest some sort of follow up with the Bowman / Cardoso incident in the Moult semi final and the fallout culminating with Hartley laughing and then bulleting in a last minute equaliser against them. In short, can you just hijack this series into a f**k rangers series? Thanks in advance. 

8 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Elaborate?

It was broadly covered whenever he signed.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/ross-county-fc-player-accused-of-abusing-ex-partner-has-tria-276299/

The case was dropped in January

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/spfl-star-walks-free-court-29022997

Edited by capt_oats