Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Hearing that we beat East Kilbride 7-0 last night at FP.

Miller played and impressed. Gent used as a number 10 played well as did Montgomery.

Positive to hear.

Gent as 10 though. Of course he is.

16 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Miller played and impressed. Gent used as a number 10 played well as did Montgomery.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering if we had any bounce games arranged. Don’t want to go into Saturday game on the back of a 2-3 week break. 

Good to hear that both Lennon and Montgomery played. Still have Lennon listed as a doubt in the pre game spiel. Be interesting to see whether he plays a part in the game this weekend. 

28 minutes ago, Marinello said:

A full back at attacking mid you say? 

1281061-27613884-2560-1440.thumb.jpg.76cb6e72ef1ef7e2c7224e406b1bc96a.jpg

I like the our description as top team strugglers when Sheffield Wed are 3rd bottom of their table…

Does Mika get a say in this ? Maybe he would want to stay. Problem is they could afford to pay all his wages and a little on top possibly.

Wait and see but suspect this may well happen with one club or another. Especially when Arsenal have previous on cutting short loan deals.

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

I like the our description as top team strugglers when Sheffield Wed are 3rd bottom of their table…

Does Mika get a say in this ? Maybe he would want to stay. Problem is they could afford to pay all his wages and a little on top possibly.

Wait and see but suspect this may well happen with one club or another. Especially when Arsenal have previous on cutting short loan deals.

Can SOD make him some special empire biscuits to convince him?

2 hours ago, Marinello said:

I assume Bair got six? 

Despite how bad this season has been, I've always been quietly optimistic that we'll have enough quality, albeit limited in number, to be fine. Losing both Slattery and Mika this month, two of our players with real quality, would be a massive blow. 

3 hours ago, Marinello said:

I did wonder why we had all the floodlights on at half 5...

Arsenal can go f**k themselves, and Sheffield Wednesday while they're at it.

I mean, Biereth is their player and the reason he's here is for his development rather than helping us out. Given in the short time he's been available he's looked more than capable with us at this level the step up to the Championship makes sense and given Arsenal's previous for this it was always going to be a risk so you'd hope we might have built in some sort of contingency (lol).

The one thing that I thought might have been in our favour was his injury and the fact it's a relatively small sample size.

I doubt we'd necessarily get much of a say in it but if the loan is essentially having to be "ripped up" you'd hope that were would be some sort of quid quo pro since it's a fucking pain in the arse for us.

All of which is to say is if Arsenal are going to take our beautiful boy Mika away they can at least do us a solid in return.

Bring him home...

0_Motherwell-vs-Queen-of-the-South.jpg

On the Society front, we had a really useful session with a group of members last night on communications (you may have clocked mention of it on the socials today), led by Scotland's top tannoy announcer. A lot of constructive criticism as expected, the vast majority of which those of us in attendance from the Society not just already knew, but have actually been echoing for quite some time now - so it'll be very useful to have that "evidence" to draw on going forward. There was of course some really good additional ideas, suggestions & concerns raised by folk, a very beneficial discussion all in.

On an optimistic note, as I've alluded to previously, I'm confident things can now genuinely improve with a Society Board more weighted in the direction of enacting the kinds of improvements & changes required, which I suppose highlights the benefit of Society members themselves engaging with the election/re-election process (and sessions like last night).

That's absolutely not a criticism of anyone, more just an observation that everybody rightfully has their own views & perspectives of things on a democratic board, such as what's needed in terms of communication, and sometimes there just needs to be more folk with a similar mindset before you can see (what I would consider as) proper progress.

Edited by JayMFC

Unless we nail a Mika replacement I reckon we're probably favourites for the playoff. I wouldn't fancy us against United but- in a prediction I'm sure won't be dredged up in a few months- Raith and Partick both strike me as bottle merchants that we'd handle okay.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil