Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Letting go of another striker (no matter how shite) and only having Bair and a crocked Obika on the books is a bold strategy.

Motherwell must be clearing the decks for at least one or two incoming.

Shaw is so hopeless I'd argue this improves our squad greatly. 

3 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Shaw is so hopeless I'd argue this improves our squad greatly. 

Quite frankly paying up McGinley and Shaw, in a worst case scenario, and saving money on their lunch is a gain.

I've no doubt we'll bring in two forwards. Whether they're good enough... different question.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Letting go of another striker (no matter how shite) and only having Bair and a crocked Obika on the books is a bold strategy.

Well it was delayed but they've arrived.

I reckon we've freed up a small fortune in wages with the ins and outs. Two decent strikers please. 

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Tbf his loan has been cancelled because he's injured not because he's shite. 

It's pretty pointless having a player on the books who isn't going to contribute if you have the option to cut ties and free up budget.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

It's pretty pointless having a player on the books who isn't going to contribute if you have the option to cut ties and free up budget.

image.thumb.png.154426b20095d0db14740c03dcaa9956.png

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I wonder what the terms on return were...shite no, injured yes? I imagine had he not done his hamstring we'd have encouraged Casey or someone to put in a couple of robust ones during the five-a-sides. "Dear Barnsley, please find returned Oli Shaw, who unfortunately cut his own head off while shaving."

Just now, capt_oats said:

I wasn't aware he was injured.

Either way, that's Wilkinson, Biereth and Shaw freed up with no replacement.

Surely that's worth at least a Van Veen?

40 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I wasn't aware he was injured.

Either way, that's Wilkinson, Biereth and Shaw freed up with no replacement.

Surely that's worth at least a Van Veen?

Yeah, he missed the Hibs game before the break, the Alloa game at the weekend and was listed as 'out' in the pre-match blurb that went out from the club yesterday (probably because he was being trebucheted to Yorkshire at the time).

Like, don't get me wrong he's done nothing for us and as @Handsome_Devil says it's definitely convenient for us to cancel the loan based on injury rather than phoning Barnsley up saying "actually he's shite, you can have him back" but I'd be surprised if we'd cancel the loan without plans to bring others in (although the Biereth situation seemed to blindside us).

Whether the folk we bring in are any good or not is a different question I guess.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, 'WellDel said:

Think we would have taken a really good support down to Cappielow on the Saturday, and was hoping that would be the case. Won't make it now on the Fri night personally due to work. Shite.

Agree with that. Scottish cup tie, away, flood lights, could still be a cracker.

Half day required right enough.