Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, santheman said:

Quick question for anyone able to answer.

Was talking in the pub last night about how loan deals actually work in terms of how the player on loan is paid.

Does the club he's on loan to pay their share of his wages up front or on a weekly/monthly basis to the parent club and hes paid directly from them, or does each club pay their share less tax n.i  individually to the player.

Took our minds off deadline day at least.

Not entirely related but one of my friends mentioned that he saw somewhere that we would be due a solidarity payment from Cardiff of circa £75,000 for the Turnbull transfer from Celtic. Given he was brought through our youth academy. Not sure how accurate but would be a wee boost if true. 

Edited by welldaft

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Not entirely related but one of my friends mentioned that he saw somewhere that we would be due a solidarity payment from Cardiff of circa £75,000 for the Turnbull transfer from Celtic. Given he was brought through our youth academy. Not sure how accurate but would be a wee boost if true. 

That was a Grant Russell tweet. He was using it as a concrete example so I assume he's worked through the various points in coming to the number.

Yeah, the solidarity payment is separate from the whole sell on clause thing, which is usually tied more to profit, with the solidarity payment being based on any fee.

I think that means we get money when Cardiff sell him for 15mill to some rando championship club that gets promoted to the premiership by accident.

32 minutes ago, santheman said:

Was talking in the pub last night about how loan deals actually work in terms of how the player on loan is paid.

Does the club he's on loan to pay their share of his wages up front or on a weekly/monthly basis to the parent club and hes paid directly from them, or does each club pay their share less tax n.i  individually to the player.

I believe it's this way.  You could also pay the sum up front, or at the end the season, in a lump sum.  Up to the clubs to agree on the best way.

3 hours ago, alsybaba said:

It's all ok folks!

I have signed the January transfer paperwork and have joined from SteelmenOnline.  I couldn't take it any more.

It's gone downhill rapidly in the last few months as I think a few people have commented on.

Looking forward to the chats ahead.

Welcome. On the whole we're a slightly less deranged lot on this site, although you will still find plenty of atrocious patter. Putting me on ignore would probably help in that respect lol.

One thing I would say is I hope you left quietly and never told the utter moon units on there where you were going. If some of the main players on there start to follow you across the game will be a bogey.

It's lot of the same people on both sites. SO is nowhere near as bad as its made out, but it's definitely more in the glass half empty side of things, and a few folk that wont deviate from their schtick, but both have their place. I like it because I can mention other teams without invoking their reply guys (resident killie poster aside), and I'm also one of the day one guys, so it would be weird to leave.

Not really related to anything in particular but with all the low whelm of last night and "wait...we're not actually signing a striker?" vibes I see the bold Jili signed a new long term deal with Sheffield United before the loan was announced.

He's contracted with them until 2027 now.

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2024/february/01/jili-heads-north/

There isn't much footage available for the two fullbacks, so it will he interesting to get a first look at them. I would assume that we'll start tomorrow pretty much the same as last week. I'd be surprised if any of the new guys started.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Not entirely sure but would think that for example Adam Montgomery would be an employee of Celtic and they would pay his wages and deal with PAYE etc. Celtic would then invoice Motherwell for his services governed by the loan deal agreement between the clubs

4 hours ago, alsybaba said:

Played up front and then got progressively further back before retiring two years ago forever at the age of 41.
I'm still pacier than Conor Wilkinson though

Being faster than Wilkinson is nothing to boast about.

18 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

If we ever signed a former favourite player of Killie or St Mirren I can’t imagine rushing to their clubs threads to goad them about it.

Everyone’s different I suppose

And that's what makes life a rich tapestry 👍

30 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

If we ever signed a former favourite player of Killie or St Mirren I can’t imagine rushing to their clubs threads to goad them about it.

Everyone’s different I suppose

St Mirren fans couldn’t wait but thankfully they got pied. Almost a relief Kev went to Killie as the Saint fans on here are largely insufferable twats.

2 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Welcome. On the whole we're a slightly less deranged lot on this site, although you will still find plenty of atrocious patter. Putting me on ignore would probably help in that respect lol.

One thing I would say is I hope you left quietly and never told the utter moon units on there where you were going. If some of the main players on there start to follow you across the game will be a bogey.

Hi! Thank you!

Well this is my last post on this site. 
Off to P and B to chat to people with similar thoughts. 
Would the miserable ******** on this site do us a favour and not follow suit. 
You can stay here and hate the world. 
I know plenty of people in the world like the people above and never stood about long enough to listen to their bile. 
See you in the Spl next season. 
I’ll spot you because your pants will be wringing and Kettlewell will have taken a ***** on your doorstep. 
Catch the good guys later. Keep up the faith. 

Eloquent and without drama I think you will agree.